Pinned - [Annabeth]

Annabeth has been around powerful deities throughout her demigod life.

From gods and goddesses, all the way to people she would've never guessed were that mighty (looking straight at Percy, who still couldn't get over the fact that Octavian murdered his panda plush), the daughter of Athena paid high respects to those who managed to impress her.

So, when she saw Hiccup's Night Fury companion light up in an electric blue hue and growling viciously at a monster at least a hundred times his size, Annabeth found a new living thing to add to her list.

She was only glad that she wasn't the only one shocked at this situation. As her grey eyes scanned around the large group of gathered Vikings, she could easily discern perplexity, awe and slight fear of Toothless' new appearance. Even the forest green-eyed Dragon Rider seemed impressed at his dragon's hostility against the much grander foe.

No one was complaining though.

"For Thor's hammer and beard, Toothless've lost it!" she heard someone shout from behind her.

A reply followed soon after. "Fortunate thing I changed me panties."

But Annabeth dared for her mind to race at this new turn of events. While the raven black dragon seemed capable enough of taking its larger counterpart, the one the Vikings called the Alpha, some calculations made Annabeth doubt if the small dragon would survive through it.

If it came to a physical battle, the Night Fury was hopelessly outnumbered in both mass and muscle.

As Annabeth's brain rampaged in its usual way, she missed seeing Percy shaking her shoulder, until his face appeared on her line of vision.

"Wise Girl, are you okay?" asked the innocent son of Poseidon as his sea-green eyes observed her with uncertainty. Inside, Annabeth felt her heart jump in joy at seeing her boyfriend being this preoccupied with her, but her exterior didn't let it show.

After another shake to her shoulder, the short curly blonde haired girl managed to break back into reality. "Percy, Toothless won't be able to take down that dragon unless we do something else to help him."

He raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "What do you mean? He's firing some good shots at the thing, I think he can make it on his own."

"Yeah, but you're not seeing the bigger picture here," she said, ripping her gaze from the demigod's eyes to a rather bulky person standing beside the colossal creature. While she was making a huge assumption, Annabeth hadn't let any sorts of details sail through her head the moment she saw the huge dragon glance down at Drago Bludvist with mistrust. This earned a harsh glare from the man in return and seemed to send a quiet yet clear message to its larger companion.

Percy followed suit and looked at where Annabeth was looking. Immediately, his face scrunched up in disgust. "Drago? He's not doing anything, he's just... standing there."

The half-blood's grey eyes rolled in annoyance. "Again, not seeing the bigger picture. Do you see how the Alpha is constantly glancing down at his human? And with a look that reads pure uncertainty? I know that Drago might look like he's doing nothing but try to give moral support to his larger friend, but I know he must be there for some other reason."

Percy turned to view her with pity written on his face. Annabeth didn't need to hear him say anything to know he was thinking her usually brilliant girlfriend had lost her mind. And this only added more fuel to the fire.

A determined look crossing her face, she straightened her back and unsheathed her copper-colored dagger from her belt. "I know that man's hiding something, and he isn't going to fool a child of Athena."