Portal - [Annabeth]

========= · ========= · =========

Who knew this crossover would get so far! Thank you guys for the neverending support! :)

- LoL, music.

========= · ========= · =========

Annabeth considered herself a very firm and composed person. Never wavering for when her duties asked her to do the impossible, never misplacing where she stands, never doubting herself when the world threw everything at her.

That's why she was both surprised and scared at the same time when she woke up in a cold sweat at the vivid dream she had.

Sure, demigod dreams were the worst, since pretty much she was half-mortal and had to sleep in order for her body to recover of the hard day. It was a necessity she strongly desired for it to go away.

Her sight blurred out for some time, and Annabeth panicked even more. She couldn't see a thing, and the lamp beside her bunk bed blinded her momentarily as she laid eyes on it. Dread filled her system as, unbeknownst to her, her tanned arms started to flail to different directions.

If she were watching herself from a third-person point of view, she would've immediately jumped off a cliff in utter embarrassment.

A slight pain hit her on the chest. 'Ugh, way too soon,' she debated with herself.

Adrenaline still pumped up and down while she pulled her bunk bed's covers to the side. The daughter of Athena has finally pulled herself together and stared across the spacious room, now being filled to the brim with knowledge cabinets and kids. Annabeth's half-siblings were all sprawled out in their respective beds, not one of them producing a single sound.

All of them seemed to have been worn out, specially Malcolm since she had asked him in a hurry to take over her Cabin's activities.

Annabeth sighed deeply as she slowly swung her legs to the side of her bed. Her tormented grey eyes faced downwards to stared at the clean toenails she was suddenly so interested on. Millions of thoughts invaded her brain like a hurricane, all of them relating to what the demigod had just experienced.

When it seemed like the Fates wouldn't toy with her mortal soul anymore, they had to attempt on cutting the string of life once more. Instead of letting her die, the old hags appeared to be fooling around with the Daughter of Athena in every way possible.

One line said to her dream self by the misty woman kept coming back to her: "For peace or war with long history at stake." What had the mysterious female meant with that? Sure, it seemed right off the bat that she would be referencing long ancient history such as their own Greek. But then again, she out of all demigods knew that 'long history' could mean many other cultures. Egyptian, Norse, Roman, Mayan... It could mean anything.

It was frustrating, and a thumping pain started to hammer down on her head. She let out a soft groan. Annabeth had just woken up from a bad dream that could potentially pinpoint the location of her once again vanished boyfriend. Why does the world want her up and overworking her brain at all times?

She willed herself to an upright position and scoured inside her nightstand's drawers. Her tanned hands grasped into a comfy blue fabric, took it out, and slipped it on. Annabeth's fake jean shirt was hanging open to reveal her own Camp Half-Blood shirt underneath her, and she took the liberty to retrieve her old Yankees cap from where she had left it.

'You never know,' she reasoned.

The door leading inside the crowded log cabin creaked a bit, and Annabeth had to do quick movements in order to not disturb the other half-bloods' dreams. Not that they could be any better.