Merciless - [Percy]

The sea-green demigod never realized what a mess a single mistake would be able to cause.

If it hadn't been for his panic in trying to avoid the dark man at all costs, then he would've devised a wiser plan in trying to lead the enemy nowhere near the glacier, which actually turned out to be a giant sanctuary housing thousands of different colored dragons.

Note to self: never judge a book by its cover.

As he had been flying for gods know how much, he had stumbled onto the snowy banks leading up to the colossal structure made out of turquoise clear ice. Percy hadn't realized that even for a mythical creature, he still had to regain his energy after a long flight.

He had initially thought that he'd managed to trick the men by beating up his wings as fast and hard as he could by leaving them far behind, but he was clearly mistaken. Just as he approached the calm seawater to regain his stamina, his leather reptilian ears shot straight up, and his sea green-eyed irises shrunk almost immediately.

The boats were racing against the wind, waves crashing hard against the hulls for how fast they were cutting through the water. A few birds flew above them, and the demigod guessed that some were in the mood to play Bird Hunt since a few archers shot them out of the open sky and cheered when they thudded onto their decks.

The way those men had easily taken down those birds alarmed Percy greatly. How could he, even though he was a demigod and now a firebreathing dragon, take down these hundreds to thousands of foes by himself? Even he wasn't that godly.

'I did this', Percy argued with himself, his mental tone of voice filled with hurt and guilt. 'If there's someone that needs to fight back, it's me.'

Just as he was about to take off and start attacking the men, numerous battle cries started to ring out, as well as the sounds of explosions going off. The son of Poseidon was left dumbfounded by the sudden noises of war when a mere minutes ago it was as peaceful as having a thousand men threatening to hunt you down and kill you.

Okay, so maybe not that peaceful.

'What the-' was what Percy had enough time to mind-talk before his hearing picked up a high pitched sound that was all too familiar to him. He bounded around the corner and popped his head out into the open, surprised to see that the conflict had already begun without him noticing it earlier. At least a hundred catapults were placed all around the battlefield, throwing out huge boulders to the glacier's walls and a specific speck of the night zipping through the enemy with no effort at all.

Bright blue beams started to come out of it too, and Percy immediately recognized the fireballs belonging to his identical dragon twin, Toothless. Which meant, he had unceremoniously led the Night Fury and his Rider, Hiccup, into imminent death.

Wow, was he really the definition of bad luck.

'I have to help them out,' he mind-said to himself, a spark of determination blazing up to life on the deepest parts of his gut. Without even thinking it, the pair of leathered reptilian appendages sprung into life, the dragon's clawed paws getting ahead of Percy by lifting him off the ground with a head start.

Flying at a reasonable altitude, the Son of Poseidon could finally see what was really going on before him. A group of men took notice of him and tried to shoot him out of the sky, but no matter how good their accuracy was, Percy had gotten a lot better at flying through storms of whizzing arrows and lances since the last three days. He was about to let a fireball of his own towards a wooden canon when he heard squawks and growls resonating right behind him.

Confused, he spun around while flying mid-air, completely disregarding the entire battle happening behind him, and felt his heart take a huge roller coaster down.