Paradox - [Percy]

Percy was glad he and Annabeth had gotten to that point in their relationship where no words were needed so both demigods could communicate perfectly with each other.

The dagger's blade hitting the sun's rays and Percy's eyes that momentarily went blind were enough to bring the son of Poseidon to the matter at hand, his gut tugging at the sheer thought of the vast ocean crashing under the island.

He remembered way back when the day he'd done the same thing he was about to do to save his friends. Annabeth, Piper, and Hazel were taken "hostage" by the pillow-pet murderer Octavian, and his girlfriend had done the most ingenious thing ever.

Throw her dagger at the calm waters.

Now, for a second time, he was about to do the same. Instead of drowning a bunch of jerk Roman demigods, he was drowning a jerk madman-conquerer god.

No difference there, if Percy was asked.

While he didn't like the idea of using his abilities in front of the Vikings (since now he would definitely need to explain this), he was glad when Annabeth took the lead and pushed the Dragon Riders forward. He remembered the prophecy given to the demigods, the last line of it saying that a group of mortals would be the ones to resolve all of this.

His many years of being involved with life or death prophecies taught him that some things should be taken metaphorically, while others quite literally. He didn't know why mortals such as these Vikings would be the "final stand", but as usual, he never questioned it.

When you did, you were bound to get killed. Might as well bake yourself a "Good Luck Dying!" cake.

Percy wasted little to no effort soaking Drago Bludvist- now evident being the god he liked the least- from the feet up. In fact, the demigod was enjoying seeing how Dreadilocks was struggling to keep himself upright, coughing out water from his mouth.

It was like a walk in the park.

Off to his right, he heard Annabeth over the violent crashing of waves. "Percy, don't have too much fun on this. He may look mortal, but he's secretly a god."

Mischief radiated off Percy as he spun his head to face the California-tanned blonde. "Might as well enjoy it before Ares kills me, am I right?"

"Well, it's not every day you see the god of war being thrown around like a piece of clothing in a washing machine," said Leo, whose huge smile only signaled his joy of seeing such an annoying Greek deity being treated the way he was.

"Leo," Jason scolded, a harsh glare thrown his way. "Annabeth's right, he's still a god. Percy's already had a bad reputation with him. Now he's just asking for his death sentence." His electric blue eyes then positioned themselves on Percy's sea-green own. "No offense, man, but he can still take you down."

Leo scratched his chin feigning thoughtfulness. "Dude, you got hit by a brick once."

"That's not the point."

"Was a nice brick though."

"Shut up."

Throughout their argument, Percy held on to a sniggered smile, Annabeth trying hard to contain the small smile that eventually made its way to her mouth. The son of Poseidon had stopped drowning the bulked-up man, letting the rest of the Dragon Riders take matters into their own hands.

From this distance, he was amazed at how well they all worked together to take down a man. He saw as the guy he now knew as Hiccup slashed his fire sword across Drago's soaked body, coming as a surprise to the other for seeing such balance and precision from a boy whose physique could only be compared to a toothpick.