Homesick // Percy

Sometimes, Percy wished he had never been declared a demigod. Other times (though very, very, very few) he was actually thankful he had a pretty decent father and very cool powers.

Specially the last part. Hey, no one can blame him. Imagine being able to talk to rainbow-colored seahorses, or know that your half godly sister actually wanted to kill you.

Oh, wait...

Percy shook his head roughly after remembering Kymopoleia. It had been bad when he found out she was his half-sister. He didn't need to remember the nightmare he passed through that day, specially in his current predicament.

It would only make him even more depressed.

Nevertheless, that all changed the moment both raven black dragon and blond-braided Viking-styled copy of Annabeth stepped up into the dragon stables.

The stables themselves weren't that bad. In fact, the sea green-eyed teenager seemed to be enjoying himself. He had thought of them as tiny caves that could only house one dragon; barely big enough to fit a single reptilian. So, when he started to count down the seemingly infinite amount of cave-ins made to huge boulders going all the way to the top and to the bottom, he finally realized just how smart these Vikings actually were.

But still, they didn't seem to have blue food. And unfortunately for them, it was a must in Percy's calendar.

Man-made bridges stood out from the cave walls spiraling all the way to the top. Huge gaping holes led way to wide areas inside the mountains of rock, some rather large-sized lizards with wings sleeping peacefully on the floorings.

Percy's view was washed with every color of the color spectrum. Dragons in all shapes and sizes flew above both human and... half-human? Winged human? Hybrid?

'No, Percy', the raven-haired demigod thought to himself. 'Stop it. Keep your ADHD in check.'

But it was hard to keep it in check, he later realized. How was he supposed to be okay with all of this? Sure, it was bad when Hera wiped out his memories and sent him to Camp Jupiter, but this was way over the line.

Specially because he knew that him being there was the gods' doing.

At this, Percy raked his brain a few hours back; to when he encountered the goddess Iris on the sea.

"The people in this world need of you, Perseus Jackson. They are going through tough times that won't end unless a young man like yourself amends it together."

While it hasn't been the first time a Greek god had asked for his help to aid others, Percy was unsure as to why the Vikings would need his particular assistance. After being there for what he could assume would be three days at least, he hadn't seen any kind of threat for the Vikings.

Sure, there was the dark-cloaked fella that took him as a prisoner, but he had only thought of him as a thug wannabe.

Still, Percy had this tingling sensation at the back of his neck that vibrated a lot whenever he thought of the Dragon Trapper man.

He didn't like it. At all.

His long pointy leather ears shot straight up when he heard the scuffling of feet against dirt. Percy's line of sight turned towards the blonde Viking girl, who was crossing her arms across her chest and looking back at him in a manner the demigod knew best from his girlfriend.

Annabeth flashed quickly through his brain, and he struggled to maintain a neutral expression.

Both of them had gone through so much. The Sea of Monsters. The Labyrinth. Going through a long time not knowing of the other's whereabouts. And finally Tartarus.