Resistance - [Hiccup]

======= · ======= · =======

We're coming to the finale, dudes! For this reason, the book will shorten so the action is packed, I don't suffer from multiple finger loss, and I don't bore you with the long chapters.

As always, I thank you for your brilliant support! :)

- LoL, music.

======= · ======= · =======

At first, Hiccup had seriously doubted himself on mounting atop the baby Scuttleclaws. Not only was their trip filled with the endless worries of being dropped whenever the young critters fought against the Northern winds or missed evading the large icy columns of Valka's Dragon Sanctuary, but he worried that at the speed they were going would be too slow to arrive at Berk in time.

How he wished he hadn't yelled at his buddy the way he did. Toothless probably didn't even know what he had done, and it was all the fault of the big, bad bully that controlled his dragon. Poor Toothless...

Hiccup broke out of his rampaging thoughts when a boy's voice shattered through. "Hey, Hicky! Less worrying, more flying!"

A groan and a roll of his eyes, Hiccup glanced back to a struggling Tuffnut, who was barely managing to stay atop the bobbing flying animal. Looking around for a bit, he also saw how the rest of the Dragon Riders were having difficulty balancing themselves on the babies. Gobber was having the worst of luck, seeing him smack onto an icy column for probably the fourth time.

Astrid willed her dragon to fly next to Hiccup's, her eyes painted with worry across them. "Hiccup, I don't know if you've realized, but I don't think that we'll get there on time at this pace..."

Just as she finished talking, the dragon babies squawked in surprise when a sound pierced through the gloomy sky. Hiccup's heart hammered heavy onto his chest, his mind instantly connecting the dots of what the sound was and who it had made it. His eyes searched wildly for what the sound meant, trying to squint them through the thick fog but to no avail.

Fishlegs seemed uneasy as well. "Um, was that...?"

His question soon got answered as the clouds underneath them parted ways and the Dragon Riders could finally see the vast ocean extending beneath them. The calm deep blue waters were disrupted by a rather large dark figure waddling through them, causing small waves to surface.

The gang immediately became interested in whatever was swimming just under their feet until it burst out suddenly, causing small waterfalls to rain down from the sky.

A girl with curly blonde hair was sitting atop a raven black dragon, whose scales glistened from the Sun, instead of the water. With shocking surprise, Hiccup did not see either of them being soaked to the bone with saltwater and instead were found as if they hadn't been inside the ocean at all.

The exact copy of his best friend flapped his way upwards until he was gliding beside the baby Scuttleclaw in which Hiccup was currently trying to control. Said dragon snorted and let out a toothless grin, his tongue sliding a bit outside his mouth and being carried against the wind. On the other hand, the Rider was focused on keeping a firm grip around the Night Fury's neck, her face being shrouded by a veil of make-believe calm.

"Odin and gods, that's actually-" Hiccup began to breathe out, still in a trance of seeing both dragon and rider flying next to him, but was cut short by his girlfriend, who willed her dragon to fly next to the newcomers.

Astrid broke out into a huge grin, looking as if she were about to jump and hug the two of them at any minute. "You're okay! I was so worried you wouldn't be able to get off the island, especially since your friends were worried sick too. I think they didn't think you would make it out."