Life or Death - [Percy]

========= · ========= · =========

Thank you so much for your support, I'm so happy you enjoy this FanFiction! :)

- LoL, music.

========= · ========= · =========

Percy had never thought being a dragon wasn't easy.

When he had seen Festus, the mechanical dragon, doing his amazing tricks and functions back when the Seven traveled on the Argo II, he had at one point asked himself what it felt like to be a fire breathing lizard.

Now, he regretted such thoughts. If he could, he would trade his heavy wings and tail for his wingless back and butt.

A little too explicitly, but that was the truth.

The son of Poseidon spent at least the first few minutes of the so-called "Pool Party" trying hard to position himself on top of a chair made out of conch. He was further embarrassing himself as his still unwilling tail swiped sideways and knocked off a few sea-shelled plates to the sandy floor.

Percy was definitely feeling like a laughingstock.

After the third plate descended slowly to the ground, the big ancient man with flowing turquoise hair stood up from the head of the table. "Son of Poseidon, I believe it is enough trying to sit down when you clearly cannot."

His sea-green eyes widened at the realization of everyone else's questioning stares on him. A few of the marine women regarded him as if he were abnormal, while the others only rolled their eyes at his negligence.

Percy Jackson, ladies, and gentlemen.

The young demigod obliged to the seaman's words and settled down without the use of the pretty chair. It felt rather uncomfortable to sit on trillions of torn up rocks, but he wasn't about to speak up his mind. He would have to wait for the man to explain the purpose of this fancy banquet, and then swim away like his life generally depends on it.

The man, seeming pleased at the end of Percy's clumsiness, returned his attention to the entire table and spread his toned arms wide. "My daughters and guest, we celebrate today for the finding of another mythological hero! And the fact that it is a Saturday since festivities are grander on days such as these!"

His gnarled hand gripped the shiny golden goblet standing a few inches from him, and raised it upwards, his never-ending sea-swirling eyes glinting in happiness. "Skål!"

Everyone's goblets were also raised high up, leaving Percy behind with only trying his best to keep the valuable china in between his teeth, a nervous smile taking hold of his preoccupied face. Then, all around the table, the mysterious new faces started to chug down their drinks, then stopped.

Percy looked down at his drink in an awkward manner. He was absolutely sure that the others were having fancy wine or any other godly drink, while he had asked of normal blue coke.

He was actually surprised that soda existed in that era. It was probably why the sea women were looking at him weirdly.

Oh, and that he was a clumsy dragon, of course.

The man at the head of the table spanned his attention straight at the raven black creature, raising an amused eyebrow when they made eye contact. "Aye, I would love to hear the story behind your sudden appearance, demigod. Was it Loki who sent you to torment my waters?"

Percy could only blink in confusion. All of the gathered looked at him in interest too, perhaps curious as to what the half-blood had to say on the matter.

Could the teenager even reply back? He wasn't sure if they would understand him if he spoke Dragon Tongue, but he had to try.

Surprisingly, before he replied, the man held a hand up. "Wait. Do not speak. Think."