9 -The beginning

Disclamer: This was only a fiction storyline for VegasPete. None of the story were based on the real series. Their personality was quiet the same as in the real novel but I toned down it a bit to make it easy for me. I tried to write a new genre for our VP couple. This was actually my first book so I'm not sure what kind of reaction will you guys gave me later. Okay, so go on and read this story.
Please leave some comment 🍀

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vegas." I repeated his name in whisper.

What a unique name. I bet that his mother gave birth to him after she craved eating dessert in Las Vegas. Very creative.

"You really like to talk with yourself, did you?"

Well... The thing was that I just like to think about something and... It's just. You know when you thought of something and then you were accidently say it out loud. Some of it. Don't mind me. I just like to do my own stuft.

"Hey."

"What?" I narrowed my eyes towards him who just laying on the bed with the left hand beneath his head.

"You didn't answer my question yet."

"About talking to myself?"

"About the hourglass."

"..."

Should I tell him that the hourglass was vanished and turned into the ashes? Would he believe in that?

Even me, myself, I didn't know what I'm gonna do about that. It's feel like I was just reborn in yesterday. But I'm glad that the necklace still with me.

"Is that thing so precious to you?"

"Huh?"

"The necklace. I saw that you're very likely to hold it from time to time.

"..."

What wrong with this guy? He seems to be a normal person. A person that we could talk and make friend with. Sometimes I wonder if he was really a human after all the thing that I saw in him. Just like the weird creature wearing a human body as a mask to cover himself.

"What will you do if oneday you accidently lose it?" He asked me, broken the silent between us.

What would I do if I lost it?

"... I don't know."

I guess I would go crazy and swam into the deep ocean if I had to. For sure I'm not gonna be myself. This necklace. It was the only gift that left from my mother. The precious thing that I treasure the most.

But if something bad happen to this necklace, I won't be able to forgive myself anymore. Right now I even blame my existence for putting my family into danger. I didn't mean it.. I'm sorry.

"Deep in thought?"

He turned his head, staring straight into my face. I saw the sparkle there inside of his monolid eyes. The face was so perfect just like being sketches in the potray. His lips looked reddish than usual. I felt that his body coming closer to mine.

Slowly, touching the side of my neck. The place where he did the wrong thing to me. He caressed them in a circle. I didn't mind that. I mean I did, but... My eyes was focusing only on his skin that were filled of bruise and scars. The blood covered in those place.