CHAPTER 7

CHRISSY'S POV

"Do you want a drink or anything? Coffee? Coke?" Eddie walks into his kitchen.

"Water's fine." I say as I look around his trailer in awe. It looks so different from the last time I saw it. It looks better. It is cleaner, It is more vibrant.

My gaze falls onto the electric maroon guitar hung on one of the shelves. I bite down my smile as I hear Eddie's footsteps come closer. He hands me the glass of water as we both stare at his guitar, him standing behind me.

"You still play the guitar?" I cannot help but ask. His guitar skills are one of my favourite things about him.
Were, one of my favourite things about him.

"Never stopped." I feel his breath on my shoulder and my stomach tightens, I suddenly feel weak in the knees.

I turn to him and before I can stop myself, I ask, "Can you play right now?".

My face immediately reddens as I watch suprise take over Eddie's face.

"I- I mean you d-dont have to" I say looking down in embaressment. I am a mumbling mess.

"No! I can! I absolutely can!" Eddie assures me.

"Excuse me," he says as he walks past me to retrieve his guitar. I take in a whiff of his scent. He smells like incense and amber, with a touch of vanilla. I take in the scent and mentally store it in the back of my mind.

I am never forgetting what he smells like.

" I can't be too loud or the neighbours will call the police. Again." he blows a strand of hair covering his eyes. I let out a small laugh and watch as he gets his fingers ready on each string.

"I'll play you a small part of a new song I've been working on."

I watch in amazment as his fingers travel from one chord to another in seconds.

I've always admired guitarists for their lightning fast fingers.

A minute later he ends off the song and I clap my hands in amusement.

"That was amazing!" I cheer.

"Still have it in me." he gets up on the table and takes a long bow.

"Thank you, thank you!" he waves his hands as I burst into a fit of giggles.

"I can't lie, you're good." I say. He flashes me a grin, his eyes twinkle with light.

"What about you? You used to do cheerleading right?"

"Still do. I'm performing for this weeks game."

The game which Jason will be playing in.

Jason.

My boyfriend.

" It's this friday right? Maybe I'll come there to cheer you on." he beams.

I cannot tell if he is joking or not, but I defintely should have kept my mouth shut before saying,

"My boyfriend Jason will be playing at the game."

I cringe at my own words.

Chrissy, you idiot.

I look at Eddie. His face is netural, but his smile is gone.

Great. I just blew it.

" Jason Carver? The one who tried to get the principal to ban D&D in school?" his voice is full of disappointment.

"He's really a nice guy. He only did that because he though the Hellfire club was turning into some messy cult" I defend Jason.

I hate that.

I hate that I even bother to defend my boyfriend against Eddie.

I hate that I even care about what Eddie thinks of me.

Eddie just nods his head and places his guitar back. I look at the time. It's only 9:30 pm.

We have 5 more hours left to kill.