CHAPTER 9

CHRISSY'S POV (CURRENT DAY)

I am woken up by the ray of sunlight on my face. I rub my eyes, trying to take in my surroundings.

I'm covered in a blanket, but it isn't mine.

What the hell?

This isn't my room!

I gasp, taken aback when I see Eddie Munson sleeping on a couch at the other side of the trailer.

His trailer.

I immediately search for my phone on the sofa-bed only to find twenty over missed calls from my mother, eight from Jason and 99+ messages from Robin.

Jesus christ.

I stand up to leave when I take another look at Eddie.

He looks so peaceful.

So beautiful.

He must have been the one to tuck me into bed.

I smile at that thought and quickly make the bed before leaving his trailer.

'He tucked me into bed.' I grin like an idiot.

Maybe he is not as bad as I thought he would be.

Maybe he has changed.

Maybe we really can become friends.

*Back at the Cunningham household*

" I don't care if you didn't want to disturb me on my shift, Chrissy! You're my daughter and you have to let me know if you're locked out of the house!" my mother scolds.

"You're right mom, I'm sorry." I sigh.

"And I don't care if you're at your friend's house, you can't ignore my missed calls! I was worried sick Chrissy!" she reprimands.

I told my mom I was staying over at Robin's house. Of course I couldn't tell her I stayed over at a boy's house. An old friend's house. She would freak! Luckily Robin covered for me when my mother called her infront of me, but now that means Robin knows I stayed at someone else's house and she will want answers at school on Monday.

After a thirty minute lecture on saftey and responsibility by my dear mother, I drag myself into my room and plop onto my bed.

I grab Popcorn, my black-orange yorkie and stare at my ceiling thinking about last night.

I will have to thank Eddie for the stay at school on Monday.

That is in two days.

I groan, stuff my face in Popcorn's fur and start giggling at the thought of Eddie playing the guitar last night.

I can't wait for Monday!