CHAPTER 12

CHRISSY'S POV (CURRENT DAY)

His words keep coming back to me.
"I'm sorry".
"I'm so fucking sorry."
I was taken aback by his words at first.
What was he sorry about?
My first thought was that he was apologising for offering the grape in the first place.
No, that couldn't be right.
That is when it hit me.
He was apologising for the fact that I was not eating again.
He thought it was his fault.
But it isn't. It's mine. It was my duty to continue eating even after he left me.
But I couldn't.

"Where the hell is Sinclair?" Eddie interrupts my thoughts, staring at the empty seat next to Mike.
"He's been missing the past few games, hasn't he?" Eddie looks at Dustin, who looks at Mike.

"Uhm, yeah. Speaking of missing games, he won't be able to attend this weeks game either" Dustin gulps.
"What? Why?" Eddie frowns.
"He's um.. he's going to be practicing for the Championships." Mike states.
"So your saying that he's been taken over by the dark side?" Eddie raises his eyebrow.
"I guess you could say that. Anyways we were hoping to maybe... postpone the game? Until after the Championships?" Dustin sputters.
The whole group gasps in disbelief.
"Postpone?"
"No way!"
"Shut up!" Eddie silences the group.
"So you're telling me instead of finding a sub for Sinclair, you're asking to postpone?" Eddie spits.
"We have! But all of the subs are going to be busy preparing for the Championships in some way, so no one was available!" Mike defends.
"I'll substitute!" I interrupt.
Everyone turns to look at me and I immediately want to crawl into the ground and hide.
"You?!" Gareth sneers. I narrow my eyes at him. Before I can speak for myself, Eddie cuts in.
"Shut you're mouth, asshole!" He growls, then looks back at me.
"Chrissy, you don't have to." His eyes soften.
"I want to." I reassure him.
He gives me a brief smile and turns to the gang.
"Well then it's settled! We have a replacement for Sinclair and our game is on for tomorrow." Eddie looks at me. I smile and nod.

I cannot wait for tomorrow!

________

don't forget to vote and follow,
xoxo