CHAPTER 14

EDDIE'S POV, CURRENT DAY

At lunch I see Chrissy with that shitty boyfriend of hers, walking together, his arms wrapped around her waist. I can make out she is uncomfortable, but does not want to say anything. 

It takes everything in me to not go up to him and rip his arm away from her body. 

Chrissy hates being touched around her waistline area. If he is her fucking boyfriend, he should know that.

The both of them, along with some cheerleaders and jocks sit at the table infront of us, and now I can see Jason and Chrissy making out clearly. I clench my jaw as Jason's disgusting mouth travels to her neck, leaving kisses everywhere.

She does not seem to be enjoying that.

Chrissy hates public display of affection, especially when it concerns her, and I can see it written all over her face.

At first she does not notice me, but when she does, she immediately freezes. Her eyes turn as big as saucers and she quickly pulls away from Jason. 

I cannot see Jason's facial expressions, but he seems to be asking Chrissy a question and she violently nods her head. They both get up and begin to walk out of the Cafeteria but not before Chrissy turns to give me one last glance, her eyes full of worry.

I immediately look away and before I know it, they are both gone.

*At the Debate Club that Evening*

I am preparing the game along with Dustin when Chrissy enters the room.

"Hey!" Dustin walks towards her. I keep my eyes focused on the game, even though I feel her eyes boring into my back.

"Hi! I'm not too late am I? I had to stay back for Cheerleading Practice." she explains.

Typical Chrissy; being polite about everything.

I love that about her.

"Oh you're rehersing for tomorrow's game?" Dustin asks.

"Yeah. Are you coming?"

"Yeah. Lucas is playing so I will."

I pay no attention to the rest of their conversation, and instead ask,

"Where the hell are the boys, Henderson? It's been ten minutes." I state.

"They went to the vending machine, I don't know what's taking them so long. I'll go check." 

Before I can stop him, he walks out of the room.

Why does it always end with the two of us alone?

Chrissy is probably thinking the same, because I can hear her sigh from the other side of the room.

I turn around to invite her to sit, but am at a complete loss of words as soon as I see her.

Her outfit is different from the one she was wearing this Morning. She is wearing a sage green sweater vest with a white pleated skirt. Her golden-blonde hair is let down this time, different from her usual ponytail and she smells like Vanilla mixed with Vetiver. 

She has taken my breath away once again.

"You- uh- You look-" 

"Overdressed?" she chuckles softly.

"No. I was going to say beautiful." I smile at her. She immediately looks away, blushing, her pinkish cheeks contrasting with her soft, rosy-pale skin.

"You look great too." she whispers.

"I'm wearing what I wear everyday." I laugh.

"You look great in it everytime." her face flushes. I stare at her, trying to pull back my cocky smirk.

Jason - 0

Eddie - 1

Hah!

"God it's been so long since I've played this." her hands brush against the board game.

"Do you need me to give you a quick reminder on how to play?"

"Nope. It's been a year but I remember everything very well." she beams proudly. "I remember beating you in every single round."

I gasp in mock exasperation and put my heart to my chest.

"That was before. Before things got serious." I walk around the table, mortified by the memories of losing against Chrissy Cunningham. "It was beginner's luck."

Chrissy chortles. "You wish. I just can't wait to see your face when you lose and realise I'm still better than you, even after all these years of not playing!"

"We'll see about that today. May the best man win." I hold out my hand.

"Woman. The woman will win." Chrissy smirks, reaching out to shake my hand.

_________

I have my exams starting tomorrow, so let's hope I have time to post:)

Are you Team Chrissy or Team Eddie?

don't forget to vote & follow,

xoxo