.1.

It's the middle of the day when they meet. He's been walking around in a little green outfit with a beanie over his head to hide any sign of his hair. In his hands is a bag of chips that he had just purchased from a street vendor and in his mouth was some chicken wings. When he finally sees her walk by, his eyes follow her and he quickly turns back towards where his camera crew were currently set up on the sidewalk of their street. As she passed by him, Alex saw something strange, someone familiar but who was it? 

"Hey," said an unfamiliar voice. "You're new here." He looked at her. Her hair was cut short and messy like she was trying hard not to look too much like she wanted to be home playing video games with her family instead of hanging out with people. She was wearing glasses. She also seemed to be staring at him as if wondering why he wasn't saying anything. 

"Uhh," was all Alex could get out. What should he say? Hey I know you right? No he couldn't do that. That would only make things weird. 

The young woman continued talking. "We live on this street. This is my house." 

 "Oh. Nice to meet you," Alex muttered before turning back round and starting to walk away from her. He didn't want to deal with this stranger. But then he heard her call his name again. 

"Wait! I don't believe we have met properly. I'm Anastasia, Karl's sister." This made Alex pause. He slowly turned and looked down the side walk where he had been standing. 

"Hi Anastasia. I'm Alex." After they shook hands, Anastasia smiled and told Alex she'd catch him later before heading into her house and shutting the door behind herself. Alex sighed and walked back to his friends where he sat beside Karl, proceeding to tell him about his encounter with his sister. 

"So what happened next?" Karl asked.

 Alex took another bite of his chip and thought for a minute. "I saw her and waved goodbye before walking off. I don't know what to do." He looked over at Karl, confusion swimming through his dark eyes as he realized something grave that he could never inform Karl of: he liked Anastasia. He most definitely did. Sure, it'd be hard to pinpoint whether or not he'd caught feelings so soon, but she'd made his heart flutter. His cheeks burned hot. If he'd been braver, he might've gone after her. 

As they finished filming, Alex walked along side of one of the cameramen on their way to the car. The crew stopped momentarily to greet them and Alex waved enthusiastically. He couldn't help but smile.

It wasn't often that he got to spend time with his closest friends outside of work and even though it was difficult to keep up pretenses for most people, being able to share moments like these with his co workers and fellow Youtubers always brightened his day immensely. He glanced over at the cameraman and gave him a thumbs up. The man smiled and shook his head before returning Alex's enthusiastic wave. As they reached their vehicles, Alex leaned against the car to wait until everyone else was inside before jumping in himself.

 It wasn't long before Anastasia walked out of her house to get the mail. Her hair was down now, framing her face perfectly. 

 He smiled.