.9.

The fans are slowly flooding in, the viewer count going up and up. Alex and Anastasia are still somewhat getting ready for the stream, with him sitting cross-legged on the ground and her adjusting her shorts of camera.

"You're hot," he jokes, and she laughs. Comments begin rushing in instantly, with people talking about how this comment is so much more flirtatious than anything they've ever said, on stream at least. Alex rolls his eyes, a slight blush staining his cheeks. He leans forward to see over the phone as the comments roll in, reading some of them out loud. "This is true, I have the hottest girlfriend!" he jokes, hoping no one takes it seriously yet not entirely minding if they do. If only she was. He claps. "All right! Let's begin!" He explains the rules of the game they're going to play as she sits next to him.

The comments point out that all throughout the first game they keep looking at each other and nearly touching hands.

The comments say things like, "They're practically cuddling, what even." Alex and Anastasia look at each other and shrug, both knowing the implications of the comment. "Yeah, sure, whatever," Anastasia said, but there's a light blush on her cheeks. "Next game," she says in a sing-song tone.

She presses enter and the game starts. In the last round, while playing, Alex looks over at Anastasia. "You know what?" He asks with a cheeky smile, trying to hide his disappointment, when he finds her focusing on something else, "you're actually pretty good." He pauses the game and looks at her. "That was really great. You've improved since we played together last year." 

"Thank you," she responds with a bashful smile, her face turning slightly redder. There's another silence. 

Then, with a sly grin, he says, "You should go for it." 

Her eyebrows raise. "Go for what?"

"Me." 

"What?!" She exclaims, clearly surprised. 

"I mean, why not? You're attractive and talented. Why not ask me out?" There's nothing playful or teasing in his tone or expression. He looks like he genuinely meant it, and there's an air of expectation hanging around them. 

"Stop joking around, Quackity," she says, trying to regain the joking air. "I doubt the chat finds it funny."

"Yeah, you're right. Bad joke, sorry guys!" He doesn't mean it.