.2.

It was becoming clear to him—he was definitely falling for Anastasia. He was certainw ith this conclusion as he tapped on the mousepad of his laptop to scroll through her Instagram. He'd found it after a long scroll through the posts in which Karl was tagged, but the search seemed to be worthless—she only had three posts on her profile.

Then he got a dm. It was a link from Sapnap, a friend in which he'd confided in about his feelings for Karl's sister, followed by the message 'i think you'll like this ;)'. Clicking on it, he was transported to a Youtube video, specifically one of Karl's older vlogs, and he gasped, eyes widening slightly when he realized that Anastasia made an appearence in this video as well.

The video was of Karl talking about how Anastasia was an annoying younger sibling, usually followed by her hitting him upside the head and a story of her own about how annoying Karl was. There was lots of giggling in it. Alex laughed softly, shaking his head, before turning back to the screen, and watched as Anastasia took Karl's phone to show him pictures of her cats and asked if the audience wanted to see more. 

There weren't really any other videos of her, only a second in which Karl pulled some stupid prank on her. She responded with a quick comment asking if anyone else would like to watch the next video of her.

 This time there was no laughter or joking. There were actual tears coming from his eye as Anastasia spoke of how much she missed her parents, and how Karl had tried to convince her that they loved her, but they never did. The video ended with Karl standing up and pulling Anastasia into a tight hug, wiping away her tears and whispering that he'd always love her. That's when Alex lost control of his composure; the tears came streaming down his cheeks, soaking into the fabric of the hoodie he wore. 

He wasn't sure what exactly prompted him to click off of Anastasia's social media account, he didn't even know why he was watching it in the first place, and he certainly didn't want to know why he was crying so hard over it. But he found himself clicking again, staring at the now blank tab on the bottom of the screen until he finally felt tired enough to pull out his own phone.