.8.

Alex sits on the couch awkwardly as he hears the upstairs shower running. He can hear her muffled singing and smiles a bit, getting up to observe her house and its decoration. It's cute, really. The music is blasting from his phone that's resting next to him on the couch, some song he vaguely recognizes as being popular in america. The light coming from the open door causes it's contents to look like a rainbow, which Alex finds amusing. Her house looks amazing. She's even decorated it with a couple of fairy lights hanging from every ceiling and walls. 

There's so much space, too. Alex had seen a lot of apartments that looked like this when he lived in the suburbs, but there wasn't any furniture like what she has here. Then he hears the shower turn off. That was quick, he thinks. A few minutes later she comes back into the living room dressed in shorts and a crop top and he smiles. How pretty.

"Wanna go to the mall to pass the time till the stream?" Anastasia asks.

"I got enough money and we don't have to stay out late." Alex nods, standing up. "Sure, where are we going?" he asks, and she tells him and they head out together. 

She drives them out to New York City, parking near an arcade where she says there's one with video games he hasn't heard about before. They enter the game, Anastasia telling him all the different types of games. 

Alex isn't really paying attention until they're in multiplayer mode. He's been doing a bit of online gaming in college and is a bit rusty, but if anything he'll be able to handle the difficulty. He'd played it during college but hasn't gotten very far. He likes to think that his skill level is higher than Anastasia's, and the others', because of his experience playing online and not just watching movies. 

Anastasia, however, seems to think otherwise. She tells him that she's probably better at it.

A little part of him believes her.