~9~

Scott POV-

He knocked on the door. "Jimmy? You in?"

There was a (most likely confused) silence, before Jimmy shouted in a sleepy, muffled voice, "The door's unlocked."

Scott opened the front door to Jimmy's house, peeking inside. The door opened into a large room with a couch and a TV. Jimmy was lying on the couch, staring drearily at Scott.

"Hey, Jimmy. How are you?" Scott asked quietly, walking towards him.

"Terrible. How did you get my address, blueberry boy?" The dark blonde said with a cough, sitting up. He squinted suspiciously at Scott. "Are you stalking me?"

The cyan haired boy let out a laugh. "No, I'm not. Your sister is one of my friends, you live with her, I have her address, therefore I have your address." Jimmy's aforementioned sister had stayed after school in Drama club to rehearse for Romeo and Juliet- Lizzie had gotten the part of Juliet and somehow- between his terrible audition and his fight with Xornoth- Joel had gotten the part of Romeo by default, as nobody else had auditioned.

"Why are you here?" Jimmy queried, quickly muffling a cough.

"To check up on you while Lizzie's out. Am I not allowed to check up on my friend?" Scott asked, sitting down on the couch a safe distance away from the dark blonde.

There was a small silence. "You are allowed, I was just... wondering why." Jimmy said with a shrug. "So... what now?"

"We could watch a movie or something." Scott suggested. "I brought cookies."

"Are they the same type you had at lunch last week?" Jimmy asked excitedly, straightening.

He laughed, handing Jimmy the bag of cookies and smiling as the dark blonde eagerly grabbed a cookie. "Yep. I had nothing to do after school, and I remembered that you were sick, so I came to check up on you."

"Thank you. 'S very nice of you." Jimmy mumbled around a mouthful of cookie.

"So... You wanna watch a movie or something?" The cyan haired boy asked, glancing at the TV, which was currently turned off.

Jimmy swallowed the remainders of his cookie and nodded. "Yeah!"

"What movie?" Scott asked, reaching for the remote and carefully turning the TV on.

"Encanto." Jimmy declared with a cough.

"Really? I- okay, sure." Scott shrugged. He then handed the remote hastily to Jimmy.

— —

He opened the door to his house, humming to himself slightly. As much as I'm not a fan of the movie, I have to admit that the songs are really catchy.

Xornoth poked his head out from behind the kitchen door. "Where the hell have you been?" He asked, looking annoyed.

"Out with a friend." Scott responded casually. "Why?"

"No reason, no reason." Xornoth said with a shrug, squinting at his brother. "Was it... the boy who tried to fight me?"

Scott sighed.

"Was it Liqua-Drai?" The red head asked, opening the kitchen door fully.

The cyan haired boy let out a snort of laughter. "You'll have to be more specific. There's two Liqua-Drai's at our school now. Remember?"

"Ah, right. I forgot. I don't particularly care, you see. Was it the teacher's pet or the annoying blonde one?" Xornoth asked.

"I don't see why you care so much." Scott said with an uneasy shrug. "It's kind of weird."

"Well, I know for a fact that the teacher's pet is at Drama Club, because Joey's there as well. So was it the annoying blonde one?" His twin repeated.

"I have friends other than Lizzie, Jimmy and Joel, you know." Scott pointed out wryly.

"I find that incredibly hard to believe." Xornoth said with a sarcastic laugh.

"I really don't care what you think, if I'm being honest with you." Scott retorted swiftly, turning away and going up to his room.

He collapsed onto his bed, glancing at his phone with a small smile as a message from Jimmy popped up.

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
Thanks for coming over before :) I was getting pretty bored by myself tbh

No problem :D you are
my friend after all, cod boy :P
Received: 18:43
Read: 18:43

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
That is true. I would say I'm your best friend, blueberry boy 😌

Just because you called me 
blueberry boy, you're demoted
to 'acquaintance' :P
Received: 18:44
Read: 18:44

Jimmy (aka.  Cod Boy)
>:0 how very rude of  you Mr Major 
blueberry boy

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
also, why did u agree to watch
Encanto just to complain about how
the Madrigals have a god
complex and how it would have
been better if they learned to live
without their powers?

Its true. Plus, Encanto is boring :P
Received: 18:46
Read: 18:46

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
>:0 it is not boring, you take that back
blueberry boy 

It was boring enough for you to fall asleep on me 😏
Received: 18:47
Read: 18:47

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
I was tired :(

Ik you were, I'm just messing with you cod boy
Received: 18:48
Read: 18:48

Get some rest, Jimmy :)
then maybe you'll actually
show up to school 🙄 imagine
getting sick
Recieved: 18:49
Read: 18:50

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
I thought u were actually being nice
to me then lmao

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
See u whenever I'm next in
school, blueberry boy :)

See you then, cod boy.
Received: 18:52
Read: 18:53

He stared at his phone for a moment, re-reading the messages before turning it off.

I hope he's back soon. Even though he had literally just been with Jimmy, he already missed the dark blonde's warm laugh, and pretty brown eyes, and sense of humour...

Oh, come on Scott, do you really have a crush on Lizzie's brother? The cyan haired boy scolded himself crossly.

He thought about this for a moment- how his day was ten times better every time he spoke to Jimmy, how Jimmy's silly nicknames and arguments made him laugh, how Jimmy was always eager to help wherever he could.

Scott finally admitted something to himself. Yes. Yes, I do have a crush on Jimmy.

It was crazy how much somebody could change your life in the space of about two or three months.

👀 Scott has stopped being oblivious and realised that he has a crush on Jimmy <3