~13~

Scott POV-

He sat down next to Jimmy with a sigh. "Well, that was boring." Scott muttered.

"What, detention for most of recess for picking a fight with your brother?" Lizzie said skeptically, exchanging a glance with Shelby.

"He gets in fights every other week, it's not unusual." Scott said with a roll of his eyes.

"Scott's not the only one who's been getting in fights." FWhip said conversationally, turning off his phone.

"What? Who else has been fighting?" Jimmy asked with wide eyes.

"Gem got in... well, I say it was a fight, but calling it a fight would imply that both sides had an equal chance of winning." FWhip said with a shrug. "She basically beat up one of Xornoth's friends- what was his nickname again? Sausage or something?- for some reason or another, and she's in detention as well. That's why she isn't here." The ginger/brown haired boy pointed to the empty seat between him and Katherine that was usually occupied by his twin.

"I didn't think that Gem was the type to get into fights." Shelby commented, eyebrows raised in slight shock.

"You'd be surprised." FWhip said with a laugh, grinning. "She's gotten into plenty before, and I know there'll be a lot more in the years to come. I'm just kind of here for either moral support or to stop her fighting, depends how I'm feeling." He added.

"Fair enough, fair enough." Joel said with a shrug.

"What happened to your face?" Jimmy asked Scott, referring to the multiple cuts on his cheek.

"Oh- my cat had a disagreement with my face." Scott explained awkwardly.

"Oh, okay." Jimmy said, eyebrows raised. Scott noticed Joel staring at him and he shifted slightly uncomfortably in his seat.

Shelby glanced around the table. "So... has anyone- apart from Lizzie and Joel- got a date for prom?" She asked excitedly, breaking the awkward silence.

FWhip shook his head. "If I do go- which I probably will be forced to by Gem- I'll probably be by myself. I don't like anyone anyway, so..."

Scott shrugged. "I mean, I have someone in mind, but I don't know if I want to-"

He was cut off by an excited squeak from Katherine. "You like someone? Who is it? Tell us!" The brunette exclaimed.

Why did I say anything? "It um- it doesn't matter." It took all of the cyan haired boy's willpower not to sneak a glance in Jimmy's direction.

"Aw, come on, tell us!" Katherine said excitedly.

He breathed a sigh of relief as Jimmy spoke up from next to him. "Katherine, if he doesn't want to tell us, he doesn't have to." The dark blonde pointed out, speaking more quietly than usual for some reason.

Scott shot Jimmy a grateful smile, and the dark blonde returned it, looking slightly less enthusiastic than usual. Did someone say something? Is he okay?

He opened his mouth to ask what was wrong, but the bell rang before he could say anything.

——

"Scott. Scotttt. Mr Major." Scott blinked, glancing at Joel.

"What is it?" He asked quietly.

"What are you thinking about?" His friend asked. "Because I've been talking to you for about ten minutes and I just realised you've been ignoring everything I've been saying."

"Oh, sorry! I just kind of zoned out." Scott explained with a sheepish smile. "Just... wondering if I want to do something or not."

"Ask someone out to prom?" Joel queried wryly.

He turned his head around to stare at the brunette. "How did you-"

"Because you were staring longingly at every prom poster we passed on the way here." His friend pointed out wryly.

"I- yes, I want to ask someone to prom. I'm just... not sure how to do it, and I don't know if they'll even like me back, and it's just- aargh, why are relationships so difficult?" Scott said with a groan, resting his chin on his hands.

"Well, the worst they can do is say no, so I say, just ask them!" Joel said brightly.

"I mean... I guess. Thanks?"

——

With a mutter to himself, he pulled out his phone- the class had been allowed to go on their phones for the remainder of the lesson.

Hey cod boy :P wanted to know if you
wanted to hang out after school
Received: 1:56
Read: 1:58

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
I would but I'm staying after
school to study for a small test, sorry :(

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
You can join me if you want :D
I need to talk to you anyway lmao

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
Besides, it's for Spanish and you
need to practice your Spanish
blueberry boy

Sounds great :D I need to talk
to you as well
Recieved: 1:59
Read: 1:59

Also, rude, I'm not THAT
bad at Spanish cod boy >:P
Recieved: 1:59
Read: 1:59

Jimmy (aka. Cod Boy)
I'll see you then :D
Classroom H9 btw
and you ARE that bad
at Spanish

Got it :) see you then-
still rude lmao
Recieved: 2:00
Read: 2:00

He noticed Joel trying to peek over his shoulder and quickly tilted his phone away from the brunette. "Nosy!"

"I'm just curious. So, did you ask them, or..?" Joel trailed off, glancing curiously at the cyan haired boy.

"No. I asked them if they wanted to hang out, and I'm gonna ask them later. It's better to ask someone out in person." Scott reasoned.

"That is true. It works, I can confirm." Joel said with a laugh.

"I still don't know how you managed to get Lizzie to go out with you." Scott said, one eyebrow raised as he glanced at the brunette. "Lizzie's so smart, and levelheaded, and you're... you." He bit back a laugh at Joel's furious yelp in response.

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" The brunette protested.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." Scott reassured him hastily.

"Hmmmm.... Okay." Joel glanced at Scott. "In all seriousness, good luck with whoever you're asking out."

"Thanks."

Was the end of this chapter written very quickly? Yes. Yes it was.

Also, when this is over, would y'all like to see a sequel or not? It'd be the same story but from Jimmy's POV.

Also, nearly 4k reads?! That's ridiculous. Thank you so much :)