~20~

Scott POV-

As soon as he entered the room, his ears were bombarded with incredibly loud music and he winced slightly, glancing around and walking over to Lizzie and Joel as he spotted them.

Jimmy followed him quickly and Lizzie glanced over to them, waving with a small smile as Joel ducked away with a muttered excuse.

"Took you long enough, you two." She scolded them playfully. "Then again, you got here before Katherine. Which isn't much of an achievement- she's always late- but still, you get my point."

Jimmy started an excited conversation with Lizzie about something but Scott zoned out, glancing around at some of the other students.

Xornoth was stood with Joey, who looked slightly bored and uncomfortable, and was talking to one of his other friends about something, completely ignoring his boyfriend, who, it would appear, wanted to leave. Xornoth is a terrible boyfriend, it would appear. I don't know why Joey would date him in the first place.

His gaze landed on FWhip- who was sporting a dark gray blazer, white shirt and gray pants with a scarlet tie- who was talking to one of Xornoth's friends- what was his nickname? Sausage? Or something?-, a boy with messy dark brown hair and blue eyes. The boy in question was saying something incredibly apologetic in a slightly high-pitched anxious tone of voice, and every so often he would shoot a cautious glance in the direction of Gem, who was glaring at him with a dark expression and muttering ominously under her breath.

Scott could vaguely hear a few words of their conversation- something about bad first impressions, how Sausage should've gotten to know FWhip before saying bad things about him, both of them casually mentioning that they didn't have dates to prom (Scott could guess where that was heading). He shot them an amused glance before turning back to Jimmy, who was looking around, confused.

"I don't... actually know what we're meant to do here." His date admitted with an awkward laugh.

"Dance, I guess?" Scott suggested with a wince. He was incredibly bad at dancing- it had been pointed out by many, including Lizzie, Joel and Xornoth.

"Oh no. I can't dance to save my life." Jimmy whispered, a mortified expression appearing on his face at just the thought of dancing in public.

"Well, I guess that spares me the public embarrassment." When the dark blonde shot him a confused look, he amended hastily, "Because I'm absolutely terrible at dancing. Not because I'd be embarrassed by you. Which I wouldn't be in the first place!"

"Oof, that sucks, couldn't be me." Joel, who had reappeared without the slightly obnoxious MLG glasses, said, glancing between them with amusement. "Can you imagine being that bad at dancing? I'm brilliant at it."

"Joel, I've seen you dance. You're no better than Jimmy." Lizzie said pointedly, much to the annoyance of her boyfriend, who let out an offended yelp and started rebelliously muttering something unintelligible under his breath.

"I am not- well- I- shut up." Joel finished lamely, pulling his tongue at the pink haired girl in a very childish manner.

Scott exchanged a glance with Jimmy, who shrugged as Lizzie and Joel started squabbling, Lizzie slightly more playful than she would normally be whilst entertaining Joel's arguments.

FWhip appeared next to them moments later, looking slightly confused. "What's going on here?" He asked, sounding rather annoyed. "I just noticed... whatever this is... and wanted to see if you guys are okay."

"Lizzie called Joel bad at dancing." Scott explained with a laugh. "Sorry to drag you away from your conversation with your boyfriend."

"He is not- we aren't- he was just apologising!" FWhip snapped, his face turning slightly red in an uncharacteristic blush as he glared at Scott and turned his head away.

"For what?" Jimmy asked.

"Apparently the reason that Gem got in a fight with him was because he insulted me." FWhip told the dark blonde. "But he was apologising and saying that he shouldn't have insulted me before getting to know me, and that I actually seemed quite nice. So there. Not my boyfriend." FWhip added, pulling his tongue at Scott.

"If you say so." The cyan haired boy muttered with a laugh, glancing back at Jimmy. "Oh, hey, Katherine and Shelby are here! Katherine! Shelby!" He raised his voice to a shout.

The two brunettes glanced in their direction, brightening. "Hi Scott!" Shelby greeted him as they walked over.

"Wait, was Jimmy the one you had a crush on?" Katherine asked excitedly, nodding at the two. How did she- oh. Somehow, at some point, Scott and Jimmy had ended up holding hands.

"I mean- yeah, he was." Scott admitted with a smile, rolling his eyes as FWhip quietly stepped away and returned to his conversation with Sausage.

"Aw, that's so cute!" Katherine exclaimed, and Shelby muttered an agreement.

"Did you two manage to find dates?" Jimmy asked curiously.

"Nope. So we decided to go together. As friends." Shelby added hastily, her face tinged slightly pink.

"Yup. As friends." Katherine said with a grin.

"I see. Well, that's nice." Scott said with a smile. Unlike what happened with FWhip, he wasn't going to tease the two.

The rest of prom was rather uneventful- unless you counted Joey walking out on Xornoth after an argument Scott didn't overhear-, and Jimmy and Scott just ended up sitting outside, talking about random things.

He discovered that Jimmy's favourite colour was chartreuse (a colour that was an odd mix between yellow and green), Jimmy's favourite animal was a cod (as well as learning that Jimmy, for some reason or another, hated salmon with a passion), and that Jimmy hated horror movies.

They would have had a longer conversation, but Jimmy ended up falling asleep on Scott. Not that he was complaining- he wouldn't have woken up the dark blonde for anything, his date looked so happy while he was asleep.

Scott glanced up at the stars with a small smile. He had a boyfriend, who was possibly the best person in the world, he no longer felt the need to compare himself to his brother, and he had an amazing friend group, all with varying personalities that made Scott's day ten times better.

Finally, his life was perfect.

And that is the end of 'Kryo'! (I didn't really know what else to do with the story, so-) But do not fear! As soon as this is published, I'm gonna start writing chapter one of the sequel, which is the same story but from Jimmy's POV. It's going to be called 'Mysterium'. Thank you so, so much for all the support I've gotten while writing this- none of my other books have ever gotten this much attention.

(Also, implied Wither Husbands/FWhip X Sausage + Nature Wives/Shelby x Katherine ig)