Falling Asleep (ONESHOT/DRABBLE)

No I'm not writing a oneshot nearly a year after the book ended what do you mean shush

I literally have not touched this book since August 2022 but yeah

Anyways have Jimmy falling asleep on Scott while they were watching a movie because I didn't write it in the chapter 😎😎😎

It's short because I'm tired 😎😎😎

Scott sighed, glancing at the screen. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on in the movie- it just seemed like there was a song every five minutes. I mean, I guess if Jimmy wants to watch it, I'll watch it? Still doesn't change how lame Abuela is though. And the whole family, actually. The only cool one is Mirabel. He paused thoughtfully. And maybe Bruno.

He shrugged awkwardly for some reason. "Do we still have to watch this, Jimmy?" The cyan haired boy whispered. Scott pulled a face, mildly confused as he got no response to his question. "Jimmy?" He glanced sideways-

Only to see that Jimmy had indeed fallen asleep on him. How did I not notice that? Scott wondered, his face going slightly red as he fixed his gaze on the screen again. How long has he been asleep for- why am I so bothered about this, he's just sleeping- Jesus Christ. He's just sleeping, it's fine, why is my face red, no no no, stop that, Scott- bad- no- stop it-

Scott tried to pay attention to the movie but it was becoming increasingly difficult (and it wasn't just because of how much the characters annoyed him). He must have sat there for about half an hour before the movie ended and he looked quietly back at Jimmy, who was very much asleep. "Uh... Jimmy? The movie's over." Scott whispered, trying to figure out whether he should wake up the dark blonde or not.

After a few minutes of silent debating, Scott resigned to his fate and decided to not wake Jimmy up. However, Lizzie's younger brother woke up by himself only a few moments after Scott had begun contemplating his poor life choices.

Scott was made aware of this development by Jimmy letting out a startled shriek and falling off the couch. He had clearly just realised he had fallen asleep on the cyan haired boy as his face was bright red. "Uh- I didn't mean to- I was just- uh- Hm- sleepy- I-"

Scott couldn't stop himself from laughing as Jimmy blurted out a number of excuses. "Jimmy, it's fine. Don't worry about it." The blue eyed boy added as he stood up. Jimmy's complaints faded as Scott helped him up off the floor, and the two stood in awkward silence for a few moments (Scott wasn't sure why it was so awkward-nor why his heart was racing- admittedly). "Well, I'd- better get home. My- parents will probably be worried." He added awkwardly, the lie practically leaving a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Uh- yeah, probably." Jimmy said with an awkward shrug, yawning. Jimmy only spoke again as Scott began walking away and was about to walk out of the door. "Well- bye then, blueberry boy."

"Bye bye, cod boy." Scott shot back, narrowly dodging a crumpled, empty water bottle that Jimmy presumably threw. "You have awful aim."

Scott could vaguely hear his friend's protests as he closed the door behind him. "Hey, I'm sick! You have to be nice to me." Idiot. He thought with an affectionate eye roll.

Woooo oneshot/Drabble

Again, ik it's short but I am very tired

So

🤷‍♀️

Hope you enjoyed :]

Also I don't proofread so sorry for any errors :D