Patty Wood Got Married (Act 1)

EXT. CHASE HOUSE – EVENING

A quick glimpse of the Chase house and front yard a few hours after sunset. A single porch light makes the front door and windows visible. An interior kitchen light can be seen even with the curtain closed.

CUT TO:

INT. KITCHEN – EVENING

Camera moves to the interior house to reveal more darkness and only the sounds of two whispering voices come from the kitchen. The female voice upset and the male voice apologetic. Camera moves in close, and we see them.

PATTY

"Do you mind saying that one more time?"

GRAHAM

I said, I think I may have feelings for Hallie Lowenthal.

She LAUGHS.

PATTY

"Did you have sex with her?"

GRAHAM

"No. God no. I... she... There's just something there. I can't explain it."

Anger is on her face and her eyes filled with unfallen tears. She points a finger at the kitchen ceiling.

PATTY

"You have two young, impressionable girls upstairs that you're going to have to explain this to."

Graham takes a step closer to her.

GRAHAM

"This isn't about Angela or Danielle. This is about us, Patty."

She shakes her head, and her voice gets louder.

PATTY

"No, Graham. This is about you. You and your..."

She stops herself in thought. But he wants her to finish.

GRAHAM

"Me and my what? Me and my what, Patty? Say it!"

The two are interrupted.

DANIELLE

"What are you two arguing about now?"

GRAHAM

"Go to bed, Danielle."

The little girl turns around and mumbles up the staircase.

DANIELLE

"Fine. I don't know how I'm supposed to go to sleep with all this yelling."

PATTY

"We're not doing this now. It's late, and the girls are in bed."

GRAHAM

"So when.."

Patty shrugs.

PATTY

"I don't know. But not...right now. I'll be back."

GRAHAM

"Where are you going at this time of night?"

PATTY

"We're out of kitty litter. I'm running to the store."

CUT TO:

EXT. – CHASE HOUSE & DRIVEWAY

Patty (very upset) is heard talking to herself as she walks to the drive side door of the car.

PATTY

"After all that I have done for him...and that woman. That stupid woman. That stupid cooking class. I wish I could just go back in time and not have signed him up for that."