Patty Wood Got Married (Act 7)

EXT - Quiet suburban street adorned with split level and ranch style houses with picket white fences - Early evening

Camera focuses on one of the houses and zooms in.

CUT TO:

One of the houses and inside a small eat in kitchen are two boys. Graham is at the stove cooking and his brother Neil is eagerly waiting to hear the rest of the story.

GRAHAM

"And then she's like 'Mr. Chase, are you asking me out on a date?"

NEIL

"Wait, wait, wait... was she smiling when she asked this?"

GRAHAM

"The point is... the point is she actually agreed to go out with me."

NEIL

"Patty Wood... is going out with you?"

Graham smiled and nodded.

NEIL (CONT'D)

"So, what are you gonna do?"

GRAHAM

"I mean, I spent most of my money on these concert tickets and to get there. I got enough left for movie tickets and we can possibly split an ice cream cone."

NEIL

"That's just pathetic."

GRAHAM

"Well, what I am I supposed to do, Neil?"

Neil shoved his hand into his pocket. He pulled out some bills and placed it on the counter.

NEIL

"Take this."

Graham looked at the counter and saw the money.

GRAHAM

"How much is..."

NEIL

"It's about thirty bucks."

GRAHAM

"Neil... This is from your paper route. I can't take this."

NEIL

"Just take it... You can pay me back if you and Patty ever get married. You'll give me a place to go for the holidays."

Graham laughed.

GRAHAM

"We're getting a little too far ahead of ourselves... I mean, like, who says I'm even going to still like you then."

NEIL

"You're going to need me."

Graham laughed again.

GRAHAM

"Oh, I'm going to need you?"

NEIL

"Yeah... that's right."

GRAHAM

"When will that be?"

NEIL

"Right now."

Graham looked confused. Neil then pointed to the stove that Graham had his back to.

NEIL (CONT'D)

"You're burning your butter."

Graham turned and lowered the burner. He turned back and Neil was laughing.

GRAHAM

"Stop laughing or you can use some of that money and get your dinner from Spindler's."

Neil looked at Graham and gave him a puzzling look.

NEIL

"Wait... you didn't know?"

GRAHAM (shrugging his shoulders)

"Know what?"

NEIL

"They're turning Spindler's into one of those Big Buy joints."

GRAHAM

"C'mon. Now the only place around here without one is in Three Rivers."

NEIL

"So, what are you gonna do? Move to Three Rivers?"

Graham didn't answer. He went back to cooking their supper before their father came home.