Patty Wood Got Married (Act 5)

EXT - A COUNTY PARK IN THREE RIVERS - Lunch Time

People young and old are eating at their tables and talking amongst themselves. Each having their own conversation. All looked peacefully happy and enjoying themselves. All but one... Patty. Patty sat at the center table closest to the canopy with her parents. Next to their table, off center, were Camille's parents and Chuck's partner and his wife. These two main tables faced their guests.

All were eating except for Patty. She was observing Graham sitting and eating across from Camille with Tony Poole between them both. Patty was about to go over there and check on Graham for the third time until her mother grabbed her hand.

VIVIAN WOOD

"Patricia Wood, you sit down this minute."

PATTY

"Mom, I..."

VIVIAN

"Young lady, you have gone over and checked on your friend twice now. You have other guests here that you should pay attention to as well."

PATTY

"Yeah, but..."

VIVIAN

"No buts, young lady. Plus, your father is already furious because of that Tony fellow is here. You know he doesn't like that boy."

PATTY

"Mom, I didn't invite him, I swear. Camille did."

VIVIAN

"Camille would do no such thing. She and her mother are highly respected."

Patty had enough and quietly spoke.

PATTY

"Camille's mother is the reason why Camille had an eating disorder. How do you think she lost all that weight so quickly?"

Patty got up and greeted some of her relatives that she had missed on their way in and kept a close eye on Graham's table.

Camera then focuses on Graham's table.

TONY POOLE

"So, you go to our school?"

Graham nodded having just taken a drink.

TONY (CONT'D)

"I ain't neva seen you before."

Camille and Mitchell were being amused by this informal interrogation.

GRAHAM

"No. No I don't believe you would... one would actually have to attend regularly to notice me."

Mitchell jumped in.

MITCHELL

"There's no need to be rude, Greg."

Camille simply laughed.

TONY

"It's cool, Mitch. The dork just has an attitude."

Graham stood up and got to his feet. He was visually upset and bothered.

GRAHAM

"The name's Graham, Mitch."

Graham looked two tables over from him to find Neil. Neil was sitting amongst eight-, nine- and ten-year-old children eating his food.

GRAHAM (CONT'D)

"Neil! Let's go. We're done here."

NEIL

"But, I haven't finished eating. And Sally here was about to show me her pet rock."