Chapter 16: Explosive Match

MHA: The Ghost Rider

Chapter 16: Explosive Match

Disclaimer: My Hero Academia is owned by Kohei Horikoshi, as Marvel owns Ghost Rider. I only own the story and the OCs that will appear in the story. Please support the official release.

(A/N: Apologies for uploading so late. My editor and I were just very busy. Sorry for the lateness. Please enjoy the chapter.)

UA's Sports Festival was nearing its conclusion, and everyone was excited. But the arena had to be repaired after Midoriya and Todoroki's match. An unconscious Midoriya was taken to Recovery Girl by his aunt and siblings. Meanwhile, Todoroki headed to UA's nurse as well. However, he ran into his father in the tunnel. 

"'You're in the way,' are you not going to say that? You finally threw away that childish rebellion of yours. But your left side was out of control, and we need to work on that. However, you've finally become a perfect improvement of myself. Come to me after you graduate as I'll lead you into the mighty road." Endeavor said to his son.

"There's no way I can throw it away." Todoroki replied. "Hmm?" His father said.

"The things you've done can't be undone that easily." Todoroki said as he looked at his slightly burned left hand. "It's just during that one moment...I forgot about you." Todoroki said, making Endeavor stare at him in shock. Todoroki then walked past his father.

"Whether that's good or bad, right or not, I need to think about it." Todoroki stated as he walked away.

Meanwhile, Midoriya woke up in Recovery Girl's office in the stadium. He noticed All Might, in his real form, in the room with him. "You're finally awake. You did a number on yourself in your match against Todoroki." All Might told his successor. Midoriya looked at his right arm to see a cast on it.

"The bones in your right are shattered. Your healing factor concentrated on restoring the blood you lost. I need to perform surgery to remove any bone fragments, or they'll get stuck in your joints. I'll heal you afterward." Recovery Girl told him.

"Sorry for the trouble. But I had to help Todoroki accept himself." Midoriya apologized. "It's okay. Your aunt did explain how you always put others first. However, you won't be doing something reckless like that again." UA's nurse responded.

Midoriya felt a bead of sweat roll down his face; he cleared his throat a bit before responding. "Thanks, and I'll try. But All Might, there's something I want to ask you. During my match with Shinso, I saw something while brainwashed. I saw eight shadowy figures, and one of them looked like you. What's that about?" Midoriya asked, looking to his mentor only to be spooked by his somewhat shaken expression.

"Spooky, I'm a ghost?" All Might responded as he shook in fear. "What the-?! I thought you might know something about it?!" Midoriya shouted.

All Might cough to recompose himself. "Sorry about that. No, I also had a similar vision when I was young. It shows you have a better grasp of One for All. They're the traces of the Quirk's previous wielders. But whatever they are can't directly influence or interfere with you-" All Might would flinch, getting a handkerchief from his pocket and wiping the blood on his lip from the cough before continuing.

"Nor you can't do the same with them. This means the vision wasn't what stopped the brainwashing. Instead, it was your strong will that made you see them. You overcame Shinso's Quirk with your strength." The Symbol of Peace explained. 

"I'm not convinced, but I'll take that explanation." Midoriya commented, making All Might chuckle. But then the door burst to reveal Yaoyorozu, Uraraka, Iida, Asui, and Mineta. But the surprise arrival of the group scared the Symbol of Peace.