Chapter 17: Festival's End

MHA: The Ghost Rider

Chapter 17: Festival's End

Disclaimer: My Hero Academia is owned by Kohei Horikoshi, as Marvel owns Ghost Rider. I only own the story and the OCs that will appear in the story. Please support the official release.

        The crowd cheered as the final match of UA's Sports Festival continued. Bakugou's eyes narrowed at his opponent. With smoke rising from his palms. Meanwhile, Midoriya continued to burn with slight bubbling on his skin. But the greenette didn't notice at the moment.

        "Well...what are you waiting for, Bakugou? I'm waiting." Midoriya taunted as he curled his finger at the blonde. Like how one would tease a cat.

        Bakugou growled from the taunting as sweat poured down on his palms. With a sharp blast, he blasted himself towards Midoriya. The greenette dropped into his fighting stance and stepped out of the way. Bakugou blitzed through the air at high speeds, yet Midoriya avoided his rapid turns and spearheaded attacks. "Dammit! Stop dodging and fight me!" Bakugou demanded.

        "Gladly." Midoriya responded. He dodged another attack from Bakugou. Then he landed a punch on the blonde's face. Midoriya grabbed Bakugou and threw him over his shoulder. Before the blonde could get up, the greenette dropped an elbow on his stomach.

        But in exchange, Bakugou landed a sharp knee on Midoriya's jaw. Causing Midoriya to bite his tongue and taste iron. Both combatants jumped off the ground to their feet. Bakugou fired an explosion path upon hopping up. Midoriya ducked under it and went for a low sweep.

        However, the blonde jumped and attempted to slam his palm downs on his opponent. Midoriya evaded by rolling out of the way. The greenette felt the flash of heat from where he was moments ago. He decided at this moment he would be more cautious. Midoriya hasn't seen THAT move before.

        The greenette slammed his palms upon the floor, igniting an explosion similar to Bakugou's. The attack sent the greenette upwards, to which he turned midair, and reared his hand back. A flaming spear formed in Midoriya's hand as he launched the flaming projectile. The force caused Midoriya to flip while in the air and the attacked Bakugou's palm. The blonde was pinned momentarily.

        Midoriya used the opening to descend from the skies with a two-handed hammer punch on Bakugou's head. The greenette slams his palms upon the blonde with a couple of fiery projectiles. Midoriya's attacks ran across the floor before hitting their target. Next, Midoriya hit Bakugou with three flaming uppercuts. Then he swiped his hands upward, hitting Bakugou with a burst of flames.

        But the greenette's barrage of unrelenting strikes was interrupted by Bakugou. With the blonde's fist cracking him across the jaw. This sent Midoriya reeling back, but he used his momentum to slam his shoe right under Bakugou's jaw.

        "Wow! Midoriya's literally on fire, and Bakugou's pushing through this heat! This fight is reaching its all-time high, folks! Let's see where this ends up!" The Voice Hero announced.

        "This bastard better not think I'm gonna be thrown around!" Bakugou seethed. His knuckles popped, and his sweat ignited due to the heat circulating through his body. Which reached an all-time high. The blonde needed to pick up the pace so as not to dry up.

        Bakugou clapped his hands together, smoke billowing from his palms. Midoriya was perplexed by this but attempted to continue his assault. However, his strikes would be met in the middle by Bakugou. Whose fist collided with the greenette's, causing a small blast of smoke to arise. They kept back, now having been reset to neutral.