joshua ~ concert

My boyfriend, Joshua Bassett, and I have been dating for 3 years. Totally in secret. I can tell he wants to propose someday and I know we're definitely going last. We didn't let any of his fans know because after Olivia he didn't know what they'd think of a new girlfriend. So we don't really go out, but that's fine. I guess. Sometimes I wish we could just be a normal couple. Tonight is Joshua's first concert and the start of his tour. Actually no, his first concert was online. But this is his first in person concert for the start of his tour and I'm ecstatic for him. I'm still in college and he obviously has a job. I love his voice and I support his career 100%. He is the most talented guy I've ever met.

-

The first night of his tour is in LA, so that is the only concert I can make it to because I've still got classes. Even though I would love to travel the world with him - I can't right now. I get to stay backstage with him and watch from the wings. I'm so excited!!

"Okay, LA! Gosh, this is so exciting!" Josh said into the mic as his audience started cheering. I grinned. He's so cute. He continued, "so I'm going to start with a favorite of mine. It's called Lie Lie Lie! Sing along if you know it." He smirked to me with a wink and started strumming his guitar. He started singing and I gave him a thumbs up. He smiled back at me.

-

"Okay...you guys may know this one. I wrote it for literally the best person in my life. And you guys haven't had the privilege to meet her yet, but actually, if she will sing with me. Then maybe, you guys will be the first ones to meet her." He looked over at me with a longing glance. He's doing it. He's doing it for real. He wants me to meet them.

*imagine the 'I'm in if you're in' face that Ricky makes in episode 1 of season 2 of hsmtmts sorry probably no one even knows what I'm talking about*

I started grinning like crazy and I mouthed, 'are you sure???'

He nodded and stuck out his hand. I walked on stage and grabbed his hand. "Meet my girlfriend, y/n l/n everybody!" The audience gasped and then started clapping. I blushed big time and we both sat down at the piano. He sang the melody and I started harmonizing to Heaven is You. We do it all the time at his apartment. I smiled when we finished. That felt really good. The crowd was silent for a moment until the started yelling and cheering. I gave Josh a kiss on the cheek, waved goodbye to the audience, and went back to my spot backstage. Best. Night. Ever.

-

After his last song, I ran on stage to give Josh a hug.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled back at me.

"You did amazing, darling."

"So did you!"

I giggled a little, "didn't really except to perform tonight but it was fun."

"I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. You have an angelic voice."

"You're too sweet to me, Joshy." I smiled giving him another quick kiss.

-

a/n: currently binging hsmtmts and waiting in anticipation for s3