josh ~ stutter

a/n: i don't think josh had a stutter it's just an imagine lol also pretend he wasn't homeschooled

February 2008
yn pov
I just moved to Oceanside, California with my parents and little brother for my dad's job. Which is cool because it's California, but it's also not cool because I don't have any friends here. And in second grade you need friends. If you don't have any, you're so uncool. Tomorrow is my first day of school, so let's hope that it goes okay!

-

"Morning, kiddo." My mom gently shook me awake. I yawned. Time for my first day at my new school!

"Hi mom."

"You excited?"

"Uhhh-not really." I laughed.

"It's going to be a great day!" She smiled, "I made pancakes!!!"

I grinned, and basically hopped out of bed, "thanks mom!!" I ran downstairs and gobbled down the pancakes.

My mom walked me into my brand new, huge school, and we went to the principal's office. I hugged my mom goodbye, and the principal led me to my class.

"Here we are! Mrs. Marvin, this is yn! Her and her family just moved here." The principal, Ms. Navin said.

Mrs. Marvin smiled, "welcome, yn! You can sit next to Josh, in that open seat right there." She said, pointing to a boy.

*this is what you're seeing lol*

I walked to where she pointed and she continued a book she was reading to the class

I walked to where she pointed and she continued a book she was reading to the class. I sat down, and I introduced myself to the boy.

"I'm yn!" I whispered, "what's your name?"

"H...h...hi! I'm J...J...Joshua, o...or Josh!"

"Nice to meet you!" I grinned. Nice! I already have one friend!

He nodded and smiled.

A boy in front of us turned to us, "Joshua, you realllly need to fix that stutter. It's kindaaaa lame."

Josh didn't say anything. He looked down at his pencil, and flipped it around in his hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I think Joshua's stutter makes him unique." I smiled, using my brand new vocabulary word from my old school.

The boy turned back to the front, mad. Josh smiled a little at me, and I grinned back. If you can't defend your first friend, who can you defend?

-

At lunchtime I found Josh sitting by himself, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I walked over to him, "Hi Josh!"

He smiled and waved.

"Can I sit here?" I asked him.

He nodded, "y...y...yes."

I sat down next to him and opened up my turkey and cheese sandwich. "I'm sorry that kid was so mean to you earlier."