ricky ~ break up

I was doing my physics homework as I heard a knock on the door. It's a Friday, but I wanted to get my homework done. I was the only one home so I set my pencil down, got up, and answered the door. Ricky, my best friend, walked in and didn't say anything. I looked him in the eyes and he started crying. He put his hand on his face as I put my arms around him. I gave him a tight hug and let him cry.

Why is he crying?

I didn't ask. I'll wait until he's ready. He sniffled and looked me in the eye. I asked him, "are you okay, Ricky?"

He swallowed and snorted out a laugh, "not...not really, no. Nini and I, uh-we just broke up."

I frowned and hugged him again, "I'm so sorry, Ricky." He sniffed and shrugged. "Do you, like-wanna talk about it?"

"Uh...if you don't mind, can I just be here with you." He said quietly.

"Yeah, of course." I whispered as we went upstairs to my room. I gave him a pillow which he started hugging and pulled back the covers on my bed as he got in. I gave him a small kiss on the forehead and got him a cup of water. He thanked me, and I got into my bed next to him. "So, what movie?"

"Free Guy." Ricky said. I laughed a little, "what?" He shrugged simply, "Ryan Reynolds is my comfort person." I gave him a 'fake' offensive look as he continued, "besides you of course."

I smiled and put my head on his shoulder, "thank you." I turned on Free Guy and after like 20 minutes Ricky fell asleep. Once my mom got home I asked her to text Ricky's mom that he was staying the night.

I slept next to him on the floor as he slept on my bed. He had a hard night. He deserves a good night's rest.