ricky ~ it's canon that i can't read

Ricky's been acting weird today. He's been my boyfriend for a year now. He still doesn't feel secure in our relationship and we haven't even said 'I love you' yet. Even though, we both do. He's scared to because of his parents. I feel bad for him. When Ms. Jenn asked EJ what he would ask his future self Ricky said, "oh...trick question! Gaston's dead."

I gave him a weird look as he said that and whispered, "baby...you should've just let ej answer."

He whispered back, "What do you still like him or something?" I gasped at the accusation. EJ and I used to date, but now he's just my friend. Ricky never acts like this. He realized what he said and quickly whispered, "oh, babe, I'm so sorry. I'm just-not feeling like myself." I nodded quietly as he tried to put his arm around me. I tensed. Ms. Jenn and Ricky's dad had a date last night. He's not exactly taking that too well. That doesn't give him an excuse to act like a jerk.

"Mr. Beast - wanna give it a go?" Ms. Jenn asked Ricky.

"Sure." He said quietly as he hopped off the bleachers and sat down in the front. I gave him a small thumbs-up. This could be helpful for him to dive into his character.

"If you had to pick one book to live inside - which book would it be and why?"

"Well, actually as the Beast it's canon that I can't read...so..." he chuckled.

"Beast, I'd like you to take this seriously." Ms. Jenn said as I gave him a sad smile. "Next question - what would you ask your future self?" Ms. Jenn asked Ricky.

"Uh...I guess if I ever missed the old days, when I was all alone in the castle."

Ms. Jenn nodded and said, "And why would you miss that?"

"Everything was the same every day...nothing changed." I looked at him with sympathy as he played it off as a joke, "Uh-I mean, the forks didn't talk, teapots didn't sing." He chuckled.

"Okay, let's go deeper with this feeling."

"Think that's all I got."

"But, when you said that nothing changed-"

"I'm really trying here. Can you get off my back?" Ricky said, his tone rising. I could tell he felt bad when he met eyes with me.

"Can you watch your tone?" Ms. Jenn said.

"Yeah, okay...mom." He whispered mom but I heard it. He's going through so much, but that doesn't give him an excuse to act like this.

"Let's take a ten, everyone. But stay in character, please." Ms. Jenn said quickly as Ricky stormed out.

"Ricky, wait-" I said, as I went after him.

"I'm sorry Ms. Jenn, I'll-I'll make sure he doesn't do that again." I said quickly to Ms. Jenn as she gave me a little smile.

"Rick-" I said trying to find him. He was by the entrance of the boys bathroom. He was crying softly. I've never see him cry. "Hey, hey. You okay?"

"I'm sorry, I was such a jerk."

"It's okay, baby." I said, rubbing his back softly.

"I shouldn't have acted like that. I'm just missing my mom, you know. And then the date my dad and Ms. Jenn went on..."

"I know, I know. I know it's hard on you." I put my arm around him as he put his head on my shoulder.

"I love you, you know that right y/n?"

I gasped and then smiled, "you do?"

"I do." He laughed.

"I love you too, Ricky." I grinned. He cupped my face gently and gave me a kiss. He put his head back on my shoulder as I said, "I understand that you're going through a lot, but you should apologize to Ms. Jenn. You can say it whenever you're ready. I'll go with you."

"Yeah, you're right. She didn't deserve that. I just-I don't know what I would do if they like got-engaged."

"Well, if that would happen, it would be in a few years, okay? So you don't need to worry about that right now." I smiled.

"Yeah. Thanks, y/n."

"Of course, of course." I kissed him gently and said, "I love you."

"I love you too." He grinned.