Part 6

My eyes flicker between the oval where my colleague is running to the park where a little girl is swinging on the swing. She looks about 4 or 5ish. What was she doing all alone? Her body language slumped and looks filled with hopelessness. My feet begin slowly moving, and before I know it, I'm next to this little girl.

"Hi, I'm Kat. What's your name?" I asked, striking up a conversation.

"I'm Paris," her lisp was noticeable as she said the final letter of her name.

"Do you know where mummy or daddy is?" I ask as I look around once more to assure myself that there is no one around. I bend down next to the swing, becoming her height.

Her head hangs low as I ask this question.

"They said they would leave me behind if I stayed on the swing. But I really wanted toooooo. And I don't know where they went" she says nonchalantly.

"It's ok, I can help you find them!" I say smiling at her and standing up. She laughs and jumps off the swing in a hurry.

I turn around and come smack bang into something. Why is there a pole in front of a swing?

Nevermind...

"Bailey?" Huh. I am now being placed on the floor while a laugh is filling in my surroundings.

"Your face! And that little scream. You sounded like a teenage boy that's voice just cracked."

"so you're saying I sound like you?" I ask, hinting to him that his voice is like a teenage boy's.

"What?" He says raising the pitch in his voice, not on purpose. But to dramatize what he said. Which did not work in his favour as I was now poking him telling him and laughing.

"Are you lost? I think the primary school is that way." I say pointing towards space.

"Haha funny." He says with a sarcastic smile.

"I SEE MUMMY" I turn around remembering the little child from earlier. I smile at her and hold her hand as I face a woman approaching the child, the primary school boy and me.

Paris and I still have our hands connected and are now walking towards her mum.

"Hi, I'm Kat." As we approach, the mum's face looks furious. She completely ignores me and squats next to her child.

"What did I say about talking to strangers?" Paris' mum adds. She peers up and me almost as if she was going to kill me. Ok?

After Paris had started walking away, her mum followed suit.

"Thank you?" I yell at Paris' mum sarcastically, just loud enough so she could hear it from her car.

God that woman makes me mad.

"Hi, I'm Kat." Bailey mocks, smiling through his stache while putting on a 'girl' voice.

Why does he have to be so annoying? But it's only fair if I can be annoying back. So I jump on his back.

"Onwards, peasant," and with that, Baz runs. His hands holding underneath my thighs as the 20-meter run back to the oval begins.

"AH!" I exclaim out of worry when his speed keeps on slowly increasing. By the time we reach the oval which was like 10 seconds of running on a footpath, I realize how tightly gripped his hands are.

well, that's what you get for hopping on a footballer's back? But what I don't realize is my chest pressed against his back tightly, and my hands and feet taut around his neck and waist.

not that I cared, but it was funny how this man could scare me that much. It's just a piggyback ride after all?

"Thanks for the ride,"