Part 10

"BOYFRIEND?!?" Sadie screeches at me as her lips vibrate, blowing raspberries after recovering from her sarcastic laugh from before. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT, MY STANDARDS AREN'T THAT LOW,"

Huh?

"Look, I can tell by your eyes lighting up that you have taken interest in my brother like you guys are perfect strangers, but I want you guys to form a friendship! But-" My hand smacks against my mouth as if it was a reflex. Brother????

"You're siblings?!" I'm still flabbergasted by this quite sudden announcement.

"Yes, and even if we weren't, I would stay the hell away from him if I could. The man's weird, stinky, annoying and gross. Plus he wipes his boogers on me all the time," I raise my eyebrows at the comment.

"Ewwww, that's grotty. I don't even think I wanna be friends with him," she laughs, finishes the coffee, and places it in front of me with a bowl of sugar and a spoon.

I pick up the teaspoon and get a heaped spoon of sugar less than a centimetre from pouring it into my coffee before Sadie grabs my arm.

"WAIT NO! ahhh! Did you pour any in?" she ask, what?

"No, why?"

"That's the salt. Bailey's terrible at putting things back in the same place, sorry about that."

"oh my! no problem, trust me, it happens a lot when Caleb comes by my house." I set the spoon back in the bowl and pick it up handing it to Sadie who had her hands placed out in front of her.

She reaches behind the coffee machine and pulls out another small bowl, funny how salt and sugar look the same, yet they're opposite in taste. "There you go," she says as she hands me the dish.

I nod my head in gratefulness and pour it into my coffee. Before lifting it to my now pursed lips and taking a sip of this drink that was made as a gift from the heavens above.

"This is is good, thank you so much," I say as I position the cup in my hand.

A sudden commotion is heard from the hallway and I peer my head around the corner. "Morning Caleb," I say impulsively as he comes from around the corner with bags under his eyes and roughed-up hair.

"You need a haircut," I pull on his hair as he slumps on the stool next to me. He looks at me as if I had just asked for a death wish, yet he had no emotion on his face.

"I'm so tired," he croaks out as he rubs his eyes. "Do you have a charger by any chance?" she looks at him dumbfounded by his question.

"No sorry, we charge our phone with our bath water,"

"I hope not," Caleb answers back and smiles slightly as Sadie disappears for a second.

"Hey, I'm having it once your phone gets to 20 per cent," he groans and lets out one huff before giving up and nodding his head.

"Good to see you're in a grand spirit" I take notice of the blonde man now leaning on the wall at the end of the hallway.

"Don't even," Caleb says before making his way over to the coffee machine, inspecting it.

I turn to face the model himself and smile.

"Why are you smiling ween?" Smithy asks as he takes a spot on the other stool on the other side of me.

"I was just being friendly, didn't want to offend the charity case sorry," I got a laugh in response, not just from Bailey but Sadie who has now entered the room.

I turned back to face Bailey, who was already looking at me. I tap his nose before getting up and walking to the bathroom.

Just as I'm passing the spacious lounge room, I hear Bailey scream something. "Knock knock,"