flashback #1

"Tío, Tío, do it again !" You jump up and down as Bruno laughs brightly.

"You really like this character, right, niña ?" He ruffles your hair.

"He's my favorite."

You had just finished watching Bruno's preferred silent movie, and you were now begging him to reenact a scene you both liked very much -with your own interpretation of the characters' voices and behaviors, of course-.

"Alright, alright, let me get in character. You play Lucía, okay ?"

You nod aggressively, before getting in position and making a gigantic snake appear in front of you. You start to call out for the hero of the movie.

"Hernando !" You dramatically bring your hand to your forehead, faking distress. "Help me !"

Bruno jumps in between you and the snake, his hood over his head, and makes some weird martial art poses.

"Fear not, Lucía ! I am Hernando the brave, and I'm scared of noth- AH !" He jumps as the snake actually lunges forward and pierces through his chest.

After he falls on the ground in panic, he remembers the snake is just an illusion and sits up straight with a severe gaze.

"(Y/n)..."

You look down, nervously playing with your fingers. "Sorry, Tío. I should have controlled it bett-"

"We both know that's not what happens in this scene." He shakes his head disapprovingly.

You shoot your head up, relieved you weren't getting scolded about your gift. You should have known better with Bruno.

"I... improvised."

"Hmm." He gets up from the ground and brushes some imaginary dust off his shoulder. "You're right, kid, improvising is a good part of a play. It's important as well."

You flash him a smile as he ruffles your hair again. "You know, Tío, you're really good at this !"

"Eh," He proudly puffs his chest. "acting is actually my real gift. Who cares about my visions when we have Hernando ?"

You laugh as the both of you stand straight on your feet and confidently proclaim :

"I'm Hernando and I'm scared of nothing !"