Burden

Hearing him call this place his home put a slight burden on me, now I felt the need to act a certain way, this was his personal space he was inviting me in and I'm not sure if this is a test.

We walked up to the front door and he opened it with a key no butler? I said to myself for such a prestige home you'd think he had a butler. We stepped in entering the gorgeous foyer, high ceilings and grand staircases it felt like a movie scene.

I looked up and around until he gestured for me to follow him. We ended up into a smaller room more comfy and secluded with a big tv a ps5 and a comfy couch with lots of pillows and blankets.

"Give me a second to go change you can make yourself comfy" he said running off and I nodded.

"And take those shoes off!" He yelled just before disappearing around the corner. I rolled my eyes but did so because my feet were actually killing me.

I zipped down the sides slowly taking off each one and wriggling my free toes I neatly placed them in a corner where they weren't being seen and sat on the couch.

I heard him coming back and glanced around but did a double take when I saw that he didn't have his glasses on. Wow, he looked so weird without it. His eyes were beautiful and accentuated his already beautiful and chiseled face. He took a seat beside me and relaxed in the couch, closing his eyes. Did he not like to show his eyes or something they were pretty, honestly a black man with grey eyes was at the top of the list.

"What do you wanna do?" He asked first and I thought about it not really sure, this was his home so he knew where all the fun stuff is but right now I just wanted to talk and fuck.

"Talk... We really don't know much about each other" he smirked something I realized he loved to do and nodded.

"Aite what you wanna know?" Well shit I didn't think about it, I'm sure what is your favorite color wasn't a good start.

"Why music?" He opened his eyes and looked up in the ceiling.

"I love it" well obviously Friday..

"It's what I grew up on, its what helps me through tough times" I resonated with that, writing and drawing is my get away and occasionally drinking.

"I use drawing and writing as my way of escape but lately work has been taking up alot of my time" he finally looked down at me and my stomach twist.

"What do you do?" He asked turning away from me again.

"I am a business consultant" is all I said.

"That's cool... So what advice can you give me for my business other than the typical the customer is always right story" he was going into familiar and fun territory and I liked it.

"Well for starters... The customer is always right as long as its in the rights and policies of the business and you can't sell a product to a customer you have to sell an emotion... They have to feel emotionally connected to a product to buy it" he nodded impressed, he got up and grabbed a pen, what was this wolf of Wall Street?  Stop being insensitive.

"Buy this pen... It has ink and writes well, straight to the point. How could I have said that better and attached an emotion to it?" He was challenging me, seeing if I actually knew what I was doing. I took the pen from him and held it up.

"You already did... You see your looking for a pen that writes well, all pens have ink but not all pen writes well.. This pen sold itself to you before it even knew it" he held an impressed look on his face.

"Smooth one aliyah... Do you like ice cream?" He asked out of no where, my eyebrows drew together in confusion but my head nodded nonetheless.

"Follow me" we got up and I followed him into his kitchen, it was big and beautiful. It had a broad island in the center with marble tops and mini chandeliers hanging above it, cute bar stools and overall everything you could ask for in the kitchen.