Shocking

Friday and I did an unexpected make up but there was still lots of things to talk about it, so we decided to grab onika and head back to his penthouse suite. Onika of course made sure to get her point across to Friday about not hurting me, though it was a touchy topic at the moment he still took it.

"So basically you guys wanna get back at the chic that we beat up?" Onika asked.

I shook my head "definitely... It's not my story to tell though" and glanced over at Friday. He seemed a bit nervous but concealed  most of his emotions by using his typical glasses over eyes thing.

"To give a back story... She and her father wants to ruin my family, my family made a deal with him and used me as collateral, if my family specifically my father didn't come up with his end of the deal I would have to marry tia" she nodded.

"I see... What was the deal?"

"Some shares business I think.... Her father wanted ahold of digital gold and they signed a contract" my eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Digital gold?"

"It's what we call Bitcoin" onika snorted and took a bite of her sandwich.

"That's stupid... You can buy Bitcoin easily now and how did they make such a deal behind your back anyways" Friday shook his head in disapproval.

"This deal was made years ago..." Onika and I glanced at each other.

He continued "her father and my father were fallout business partners in the late 90s... I was soon eighteen and she was sixteen, so we didn't have control over what decisions our parent's made plus we didn't even know each other existed.. and Bitcoin wasn't known to the public yet" he started to explain giving clarity to everything.

"Wait—wait, so Mr. Fletcher and Mr. Valquez, were business partners?" I began, Friday gave me a quizzical look not expecting me to know Tia's last name.

"That's correct"

"And they had a fallout and decided to get Bitcoin?" It all sounds comical to me, He nodded.

Onika chimed in "as payment for Mr. Valquez's shares of the business?"

"Let's rewind so we don't get confused... So my father and Tia's father were business partners, they had a falling out and Mr. Valquez wants his shares as investments which was Bitcoin, he was practically using his shares to buy a future investment... However, you had to mine Bitcoin and my father promise he would get them. Mr. Valquez was no fool though,  he made my father sign a contract and the only collateral for not providing him with Bitcoin was me" we both nodded.

"Crazy and shocking" I said a little jealous that they were practically meant for each other.

"But wait... Didn't your father provide him with the Bitcoin hence why you guys aren't married today?" Friday sighed.

"He did....but Mr. Valquez wanted more, my father did well for himself and Mr. Valquez saw it as an opportunity to capitalize since Bitcoin took so long to pop off anyways, he tried his best to keep an eye on me and my family and eventually tia and I met... But didn't began to date until about two years after, we as adults both knew about the deals and what not and out of foolish love you know I said I'd still marry her." He mumbled the last part, So that was the promise.

"I soon found out that she is as money hungry as her father and is just trying to seal the deal so I broke it off and she then developed an obsession for me" onika laughed and took another bite of her sandwich.

"This some white people shit.... Why didn't you get a lawyer?" She asked.

"Get a lawyer for what? Remember, the contract is void, my father came up with his part of the deal... Tia and her father just kept close to me and then we started dating, no harm there. My mother is an easy push around and she took a liking to tia and her father so I can't do anything to stop her from coming around now can I.... I have no proof of nothing"

"Maybe we can" I suggested getting both of thier attentions.

"How?"

"Let's not forget that we were kidnapped, first we fought, she got bail by whoever then she disappeared, we got kidnapped then ironically your lost best friend shows up out of no where and is answering your phone? The day I was taken??" Realization hit both their faces and Friday shook his head in embarrassment.

"Your right... Shit how could I have been so stupid" he mumbled.

"That bitch" onika said.

"Where did your jest friend go after that day?" I questioned Friday and another wave of realization hit him when he said.

"She practically just left, said she had an emergency or something" I gave a I told you so look and he rubbed his head.

"Damn.... That's some good investigation skills" he mentioned making us laugh.

He sat froward in the seat "to think of it... I didn't actually hear my phone ring and I caught her with it" my eyes squinted and so did onika's.

"So she basically wanted to distract you while I went missing"

"It seems and how mysterious that the police dropped the investigation and tia just started to come around more often when she found out we were dating... Everything was a threat to her and her father's plan" onika rolled her eyes.

"Obviously because your push over just like your mom"

"Onika!" I scolded and she shrugged, Friday's jaw clenched but he remained silent.

"What it's the truth... Y'all too caught up in modern day shit you forget about whooping asses, you'll serve about a year or so and the judge would probably throw everything out the window" I sighed and shook my head, she was right though sometimes old school is better.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"My mom is having her annual family dinner and I want to invite some friends and family of my own" he said smiling and looking at us. Our eyes beamed with both mischievousness and excitement.

"What do you say confession in the making?" I mentioned putting my hand out in a fist bump. Onika bump it first excited and Friday slowly brought his hands forwards an evil smile creeping his way onto his lips then he bump his hand on mine.

___________________________

Woo this chapter was alot, hopefully I didn't confuse the narrative and made a somewhat clear impression as to why tia is all over Friday and wants to get rid of onika... She's smart just like her father though.