Betrayal

We drove back to the hotel in awkward silence, Kai didn't know what to do, I was annoyed and onika was pissed for whatever reason.

The car pulled up to the front of the hotel and onika was the first to fly out not even telling Kai good bye, I looked at him through the rearview mirror with remorseful eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to see that side of her tonight Kai" he nodded staring ahead then joked with a nervous laugh.

"Guess that's how relationships should start huh... With you seeing the real side of people first" I looked down when that statement left his mouth, because even though it was meant to be a joke it held so much meaning behind it. I smiled lightly at him and touched his shoulders which tensed under my palm.

"Good night Kai and thanks" he gave a tight lip smile of his own and nodded, I slipped out of the car and slowly walked up to the hotel door, the night guard pulled it for me and I went straight for the elevator.

I walked to my room and went in surprised at how dark it is, despite the darkness I could still see onika's silhouette lying on one of the bed.

"Onika?" I called firmly, no answer. I hissed my teeth and turned the lights on, then out down my bag.

"Nik I know you hear me calling you" I scolded getting even more annoyed. She finally shuffled turning her head to look up at me.

"What?" I gave her a do I look dumb face and rest my hands on my hips. She sighed and rolled her eyes finally ready to give in.

"You were gone for like half an hour... To that guy Aliyah what if he hurts you?" I cocked a brow in confusion, why was she so pressed about Friday.

"What if Kai hurts you?" I asked, her lips thinned and her eyes turned to slits.

"That's different" she mumbled but I heard her.

"How so? How so onika? You have been pressed about Friday since I went to his house... So what if he hurts me, no body is perfect and I didn't tell you that I was going to sit around and put up with anybody's bullshit..." My chest was heaving at this point and we were having a stare off.

"You know-" she started pointing at me "- you said the exact same thing when you were with Matthew... That's why he cheated on your ass with Brie cause of how naive you are!" That revelation shocked me, I did have my suspicions but nothing was ever confirmed after a few months in college he just broke it off. So to be hearing it from my best friend was news to me and it even looked like it shocked her to be revealing it, how long has she been holding secrets for Matthew because him and I have been broken up for almost a year now.

"I'm sorry Aliyah " she started when she noticed my loss for words.

"How did you know?" She looked down and swallowed regret taking over her features.

"I came to your apartment to your apartment to surprise you after I came back from New York, that's why I didn't tell you I was coming but when I pulled up at the apartment Matthew had Brie rushing out of the apartment" she looked over at me to see if I was listening, I was looking at her waiting for her to finish.

"He begged me Aliyah and I didn't want to hurt you... I felt so good when you guys broke up but then Friday came into the picture and all the guilty conscience that I had built up resurfaced" I nodded looking down at the floor in thought. Friday isn't even in the picture and I'm not sure if he will be.

How could she? "Cool... Thanks for telling me" I said as sarcastic as ever, she started sniffing which only made me more furious.

"I'm sorry Aliyah" she whispered, I shook my head from side to side and started to get up, I had to get out of here. The betrayal was strong, how did you keep something like that from your friend, did Matthew have some kind of secret for her.

"I have to go" I said and started walking out, she didn't call after me and I was okay with that, I slammed the door furious and walked to no where. My feet dragged me towards the elevator and like a zombie I found myself in the middle of the night wondering the lobby.

I pulled out my phone and texted the person I've been dying to talk to ever since we left the party house.

Me: hey... U up?

I didn't care about boundary at this point or wether or not I should really be around this man and let my problems on him so early but I just needed someone to talk to.

Friday: yeah... What's up?

Me: I need someone to talk to, if you don't mind. You don't have to care or give any advice, just listen....

A few minutes had passed since he answered and I was starting to loose hope then my phone dinged.

Friday: room 500 top floor.

My body moved without my brain and I automatically started towards the elevator. I found myself pressing the button to the top floor and in no time I was stepping out. The floor was empty, since it was late in the night. I turned down about three corridors until I found the sequence 497, 498, 499, 500.

Just like his dressing room, I nervously balled my hand up in a fist and knocked on his door, it wasn't long after that the knob started turning and the door opened revealing Friday. He looked down at me with curiosity while I didn't know what I looked up at him with.

He stepped aside and I walked in, I looked around at the luxurious room, it had a king sized bed with a balcony over looking the city, he also had a mini pool inside the room that was connected to the balcony. I felt his presence behind me and my body stiffened.

"What's wrong?" He asked in a low voice. I took the initiative and sat down on his mini couch, walking away from his heated presence. I sighed and looked over at him as he sat down beside me.

"My best friend and I had a fight" I started, he listened just like I had asked looking at me intently.

"My boyfriend and I... Well ex boyfriend broke up around a year and it's now that my beat friend is revealing to me that he cheated... She kept it a secret thinking she was protecting me and now I feel betrayed" he just stayed there silent and it annoyed me even though I said he didn't have to but still.

I looked over at him with intense eyes "why aren't you saying anything?" He still just looked at me intently his grey eyes giving away no emotions, I had to break eye contact as the tears were threatening to make way.

I finally felt him shift drawing closer to me, then his hands snaked around my shoulders pulling me into him. That gesture set my tears off like a bomb and I cried into his shirt, releasing alot of pent up emotions I didn't know I was holding.

"Let it out Aliyah" was all he said in a whispered, it was all he needed to say and that is what I did.

I released my problems on a total stranger and it felt good.