arena

A year later....

Onika and I were currently eating at a unique restaurant in Cancun, our feet's were in water while fishes swam in it. Plus, the food was amazing.

"Hmmm, this is delicious" onika hummed she had ordered roasted spicy lobster and stewed asparagus and eggplant while I was having chicken suprém and a loaded meat lover burrito.

"More than delicious" I said taking a bite of my own. The waiter came by and gave us our drinks for the day, a Mexican lemonade.

"I have a surprise for you" onika chimed with a wriggle of her brows. Mine furrowed in couriusity.

"What?" She took out something from her bag.

"Tickets to the arena" I gasped and grabbed the thing up.

"Omg! Thank you! Do you know the artists that are gonna be there?"

"Didn't asked wanted to keep it spontaneous but they did say the weekend was gonna be there" I was ecstatic, the arena was a big show that happens here every year, where they get artist from all over to come and perform for a specific theme. This year was international and so some of the biggest artist from all over is going to be there. Onika dragging me here for a vacation wasn't that bad after all, I was balls deep in work after I practically fired myself from working with Friday and used my saving to get an apartment in a whole new state, New York to be exact. It wouldn't be a place anyone would think I would go so it was perfect.

"I can't wait".

______________________

We had finished up our meals and decided to shop for some clothes for the arena tonight.

"Hey when are you going to tell me about what happened you know with you and Friday" I sighed really not in the mood for this topic but I've been keeping her in the woods ever since, I just didn't want to accept the reality of things, Friday didn't technically do anything wrong but I just didn't know if I was ready to compete with another woman and she obviously had some type of hold on them.

"Long story short his ex bitch and his mom threw me out of her house" I shrugged and she stopped in her tracks with the shopping bags.

"And Friday?"

"He didn't know about all this and I'm sure he still doesn't because tia is a lying brute..I just didn't think I could keep up" onika stared at me like I was crazy and I folded my hands in anticipation of what she wanted to say.

"Aliyah... Kai and I don't have it as all rainbows and sunshine, I met his mom she's sweet but his dad hates me, I actually think he's racist but it doesn't change or show who Kai is as a person... He loves me and I love him, as imperfect as we and our relationship are we make it work" I turned away at the harsh truth, I could have fought for us and I knew it.

"Let's just go..." She didn't push it any further and we continued our shopping.

We made it back to our air bnb and started to get ready. I was wearing a pretty body con dress with strapped sandals and a cute purse while onika was wearing a long body con dress with splits at the side and some push toe sandals.

We sprayed our selves with our 'eat me' perfume and it brought back some memories, memories that put a ache in my heart and my mood instantly became sad and I wanted to cry. I sighed.

"Hey... What's wrong?" Nik asked when she saw me looking like a sad puppy plopped down in the couch, no energy to go anywhere.

I single tear fell down my face "I- I really loved him Nik and I just threw it away" she pouted and sat down beside me.

"I know babe, and it's fine to feel this way, just learn from it.... Remember Matthew really did a number on you" she's right I should just embrace how I feel and grow from it, I had a really hard time making myself vulnerable and Friday came around and started tearing that wall down so maybe I got scared and took the slightest opportunity I saw as a sign to bail.

"Let's go" she said and I nodded rising from the couch. We ordered a cab and made it to the arena in time to get a spot in the line that was not too far from the gate.

"I think I'm having deja Vu!" I exclaimed over the music blaring from the inside and people talking. Me standing here with onika also brought back memories and I was starting to take tonight as a coincidence.

She laughed but didn't say anything. We waited for about an hour and I thanked God that we decided to wear sandals, we made it to the gate and gave the security guard our tickets, we collected our arm bands and made it inside.

The arena was filled with people, walking around, chatting, sitting and just overall waiting for the show to start. I spotted the arm bands of other people and saw that we were the only ones with a purple arm band while others wore pink and light green.

"Why d-onika?" I called drawing her attention from her phone, she looked from her phone to the crowd and I furrowed my brows.

"Who are you looking for?" I asked and she finally snapped her head around.

"Huh nothing I mean no one.... What were you saying?" She rambled and I eyed her suspiciously.

"I was saying.. why do we have purple bands?" She looked down confused until realization or recollection crossed her face?

"Oh I almost forgot we got tickets to the VIP area" she cringed while my mouth hung agape.

"What!?"

"Take me now" I commanded and she laughed dragging me through the crowd. She kept looking over the crowd for someone or something but I refrained from asking her what had her panties in a twist, maybe she was excited to see a specific artist. She dragged me to an open section of the field and spun me around to face her.

"I really have to use the bathroom stay here and wait for me"

"What? no let me follow you" I started to protest but she shook her head.

"No I want to go by myself... I'll be back soon" she gave me weird look and I nodded reluctantly, why was she acting so strange?

She ran off into the crowd and I stood with my arms folded over each other as a protective mechanism as I didn't know anyone here and felt lonely. I looked around at everyone minding their businesses and enjoying themselves when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Aliyah..." Chills ran up my spine and I froze up, no it couldn't be but how? Damn you onika!

I slowly turned around to the face I didn't expect to see anytime soon, I gasped.

"Kian"