Chapter 18

This wasn't in anything she had read or heard before. Thankfully, the wrenching twists of her midsection, like her fever, were subsiding.

"I mimicked latching onto you to trick your system."

He continued to nuzzle into her neck and behind her ear. His lips brought increasingly normal waves of sensations to her flesh. Rolling undulations continued to rock her pelvis.

"Are you still inside of me?"

There was that sexy light chuckle again. "Yes, I'm trying to get you to release me."

What had felt like a boulder in her lower intestines now felt like a river stone. With everything else returning to normal, it was apparent what was happening.

"When you're ready, go ahead and relax."

Disengaging everything from her waist down, her legs fell, hips sank, and core became putty. Dropping her lids to have a conversation with her body along the lines of, "Please let him go, he isn't going anywhere," meant that she only heard him groan as he pulled out.

For the first time in twenty hours, she was feeling aware, cool, and normal again. But that also meant that the wetness of the sheets, the odor of her body, and the strain of her muscles became a reality.

Thick fingers tried to run through dirty hair. The massive male next to her, ever attentive, was doing his own version of a check-up.

"You are probably going to feel pretty groggy in a few minutes. Even if you pass out, I want to wash you off, if that's OK. I think you'll feel better."

"I feel fine, more awake than I have since yesterday afternoon. But a shower does sound good."

"If you give me a second, I'll help you."

He wasn't naked. Scraps of clothes littered his lower legs and one of his arms. He was still wearing shoes.

A very female laugh burst out as he removed the remnants of his outfit. "I didn't notice you were still dressed, well, kind of."

Shedding the last of it, "I'm not sure I was aware of the poor job I did at getting undressed."

Attempting to sit up, but still laying there. Wait, this isn't right. Engaging muscles in her back got her nowhere too.

"Huh, I didn't think that would happen. Let me get you." She was up and being carried out of the now musky room. "This is a reaction to the mock-latching. Your severe reaction to it is not expected with she-wolves and is a result of being a lycan breeder."

"Is that what it's going to be like?"

"The mechanics, yes." All doors were ajar along their path. No need to keep them closed anymore. "But, it will be more intense. When Amiri latches to you both inside and out, it will be more secure."

There was a bounce as he flipped the handle to the shower and a screech while he pushed the stool with his foot next to the spray.

"Then again, it might feel the same with an increase in your disorientation that is to be expected."

He manipulated her position so that her body and hair were rinsed. "I need to use a Sophia-portion of shampoo, don't I?" A beautiful broad smile beamed before becoming wavy.

Placed across his lap when he sat down and her face against his shoulder, the skin-on-skin contact was amazing. "It's OK. I've got you," Dominic cooed at her. "You can rest now. I'll call Doc Amy when you're awake again."

"No, I'm fine." Were the words her mouth made as her eyes rolled back. Stubborn enough to try and stay awake, her lids remained open, and her body animated a few seconds longer than it should have.