Chapter 24

"I'm going to take her to the bathroom to freshen up," the blonde holding the blonde announced when she came in. "Can you please see about getting a change of clothes delivered for her?"

"Yes. Are you injured?" Their alpha asked.

Her legs sloppily moved the pair across the room. Their strength used up, leaving her stiff-legged with her steps. Note to self, don't skip leg day ever again.

"No. Just need to rinse off and recover from shock. Is Doc Amy available?"

"I'll call her here."

Trading out her handhold for the bathroom counter, the young one's weight was transferred to the, yup, white marble. Much to the concern of the large male outside, the door was closed.

"Hey, sweetheart. Ava." Zoned-out features stared ahead. "Doc Amy is on her way here, we'll just...."

A surge of panic animated features that had seemed distant. "She's not supposed to know."

"Who? The doctor?"

Cool water spilled from a gaudy gold faucet. Finding and wetting a plush washcloth nearby, she wrung it out before reaching for the sticky face.

"Yes. About him."

"She already knows about him, sweetheart." Dabbing the forehead down the other side of her face, she finished off with her neck.

Breaking eye contact and pushing herself off the counter. "Can I rinse off now? I'll feel better after."

"Yes, of course. I'll stay with you until Doc Amy gets here if that's alright?"

The squeal and bursts of flow through the matching gaudy gold showerhead started things up. Soon enough, steam filled the air, and Ava quietly stepped in after discarding her clothes.

"Would you be up to identifying the bastard for us if we brought him in? Of course, we will ensure security, and you were safe."

The splashing got quiet as she stood still. "Would Alpha Dominic be there?"

"I don't think we could keep him away, honestly."

"Alright."

It wasn't going to work to have a meaningful and respectful conversation while yelling over the water and echoing off the hard surfaces. The bleeding on her arm stopped a while ago. Stitched together with new pink skin, the crescent-shaped marks would soon be gone. Sophia scrubbed dried blood with the washcloth she already had. Cleaned up and looking like someone didn't grab onto her for dear life.

Soon, the scent of soap bloomed within the steam, and then a final rinse. The knobs squeaked as the bather shut things off and reached for a nearby towel. It wasn't long before it was wrapped around her, and she emerged from the stall.

"You can share as much or as little of your experience with me or Doc Amy. Your reaction isn't what I would expect from the description I was given."

"Some people are sensitive." Ava leaned against the wall. The unsettled parts of her were coming to the surface even if her tone was even.

"That's true."

A few seconds passed before the young one continued. "And sometimes stories are incomplete."

"They don't have to stay that way forever. When it's time, they can be told."

Focusing on her nails, she chewed a frayed bit while contemplating. Once it met her satisfaction, her hand was returned to her side.

"I was the one who dreamed about Alpha Dominic's protection. I was the only one in my family that was attacked."

Pulling the pieces together but hoping she was wrong. "Lynsie told your story as if it was her own."