𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗬 𝗪𝗨//The Oceans Jewl.

Summary: Y/N was a mermaid who always studied humans. Once they see a human approaching the dock, they can't help but to greet them.

 Once they see a human approaching the dock, they can't help but to greet them

~~~

Small footsteps could be heard before coming to a halt.

A young teenage girl, journal in hand, was currently writing down some stuff as she took a seat.

While she was focused on her journal, a head popped out of water behind her.

They gasped as they dove into water again, inching closer to the human girl.

Popping their head out of water, they were now in front of the human.

The human stared cluelessly at the other one. "Uhh, hi-?"

Their eyes immediately lit up in excitement. "Wow! You're so beautiful! I never seen a human up so close!"

The teen smiled at the compliment, a faint blush appearing as well while looking to the side. "Thanks!"

Her gaze then turned back to them. "Aren't you cold?" She questioned.

They laughed. "Nope! Not at all! The current has been quite a good temperature recently. So I'm fine!"

The human only replied with an 'oh' before silence over took the two as they stared at each other.

That was until the teen broke the silence. "What are you doing in the water anyways?"

"Oh! Uhh, well you see... um.." They looked off into the side, rubbing their arm slightly.

"Can I tell you something?" They questioned, looking back at the girl. "But you can't tell anyone else about this."

The human nodded.

"Okay, I'm trusting you with this information." They said, grabbing onto the dock and leaping onto it.

They sat down, tail now in full view as they dipped it into the water slightly. The teenager just stared in amazement.

"Woah, you're a mermaid? Your tail is so pretty!" She gawked, eyes sparkling.

"You're not weirded out?"

She shook her head. "I never seen a mermaid before in person! You're so cool!"

They smiled. "And I've never met a human."

The girl smiled as well. "My names Marcy, Marcy Wu."

"What an fascinating name! It's so beautiful! My name is Y/N."

"That's such a pretty name! It suits you." Marcy said, making a small blush appear on Y/N's face.

Marcy then stared into the water, Y/N doing the same.

"What's it like down there?" She asked, still looking at the water.

"It's pretty nice, but it does get boring when you're there for almost all your life doing the same things. Which is why I come up to the surface!"