#03 Uncharted Territory

I dream. Flying high with no limits. Passing all the buildings, rising above the clouds, light blue skies changing to lilac and darkening to the color of midnight. I feel as if I can reach any of the many stars in my sight. I can chase the moon, visit different planets, explore unknown galaxies without a clear destination. This is what I desire.

❃ ❀ ❈ ❁ ✾ ❉ ✿ • — ♡ — • ✿ ❉ ✾ ❁ ❈ ❀ ❃

PRESENT DAY

Using all my strength I pull the last oversized suitcase off the carousel. Feeling a bit paranoid I pull down my cap a little lower to hide my face. I reach into my comfy lounge pants for my phone to check my messages.

"Y/N?" A voice calls out breaking my concentration and I wonder if I was mistaken. I turn around to see a cute blonde male jogging towards me avoiding the crowd. He looks way younger than me.

Adjusting the duffel bag on my shoulder, I greet the stranger. "Um, hello?" My face automatically displays itself with confusion.

Why does he know my name?

He huffs slightly out of breath. "Jackson was trying to reach you, he's not able to meet you in here, but he's right outside. He wants me to escort you to his car." His accent throws me off a bit, he brushes his silky hair back and I have to scold myself internally for staring. "Can I help you with your bags?"

"Oh, um— sure, I guess, maybe this one." I roll my oversized luggage towards him trusting his words, he accepts it and reaches out his hand for the bag on my shoulder. "No. I got this, thanks." I wave my hand frantically, but he insists by patiently waiting with his arm extended.

"No, really, I got it. You're not my errand boy." I laugh awkwardly and he smiles.

"No, I'm not your errand boy." The man gently pulls the nylon strap off my shoulder. He weaves it away from my arm and relieves me of the heavy weight. Effortlessly, he places it on his own. "And I happen to be your brother's errand boy, but I prefer the word assistant." He smirks and gives me a charming little wink.

"Assistant? What? I'm sorry— no, I can carry my own stuff. What's your name again? Wait!" He begins to walk away from the baggage claim area, my sneakers squeak against the floor as I scurry to follow. "How did you know it was me?"

He steps aside to let me pass him on the escalator, positioning the bags between us as we slowly ride downwards. The man pulls out his phone and I anxiously await an answer unsure if he heard me. Suddenly he reveals an image on his phone and I gasp in horror.

Unfortunately, I recognize the private image I sent to Jackson on this stranger's screen.  I cringe at the photo of me creating a double chin and flaring my nostrils. It's the picture I sent to my stepbrother to let him know I landed. "I'm Felix by the way." He reveals his name.

"Oh my god, that asshole." I curse rubbing my forehead in embarrassment, he lets out a soft chuckle before putting the device back in his possession. We get off the escalator and approach a secluded area. "Well, nice to meet you, Felix."

Just wait Jackson, karma's a bitch.

❃ ❀ ❈ ❁ ✾ ❉ ✿ • — ♡ — • ✿ ❉ ✾ ❁ ❈ ❀ ❃

I sit in the passenger seat holding a fancy box of chocolates that Jackson surprised me with, I would want food over flowers any day. Taking in the atmosphere, I view my surroundings in awe and wonder what it will look like during the day.