#14 Big Misunderstanding

❃ ❀ ❈ ❁ ✾ ❉ ✿ • — ♡ — • ✿ ❉ ✾ ❁ ❈ ❀ ❃

I roll around in the fresh silky covers a little longer, I just don't want to face the world today. Job hunting didn't go so well, they just took one look at me and knew I was a foreigner.

Opening my eyes a little, I can tell by the sunlight it's around noon. The guys should be home by now, I just hate that I don't have at least one interview lined up that I can share with my stepbrother. That's the first thing he's going to ask me.

Grabbing my phone, I squint at the new notifications from the silly chat room app. Since creating my account I got a couple messages and nearly all of them are cringey pick-up lines, checking the messages I have more to add to the list. It's weird, what am I supposed to say to are you a beaver?

After sending my stepmother a good morning text, I toss my phone and stretch out like a cat before starting my day. Throwing on a simple white tee and jeans, I leave the bedroom in need of some coffee.

"Good afternoooooon." Jackson is the first to notice me. His best friend tilts his head down, adjusting the clear lenses on his face closer to the bridge of his nose, he focuses on the tablet in front of him. They seem to be having a meeting with a few others. "How was your weekend? My stepbrother asks halting whatever conversation they were having.

"Uh— it was good, everything went as planned." I see too many pairs of eyes on me and begin to grow anxious. Continuing to the kitchen, I start my routine of preparing some homemade coffee, it seems that I'm the only one around here who doesn't buy it at a café. "I have a few interviews." I lie to the whole bunch while tucking my hair behind my ear.

"That's great—
"That's good." Jackson and his assistant speak at once.

Namjoon taps his fingers impatiently against the table, making me wish I would have stayed in my room a bit longer. He looks annoyed by my presence.

"Sorry guys, carry on with what you're doing, we can talk later Jackson." I wave them off and allow them to return to their previous discussion. While grabbing the only mug available, my vision fixates back to the group.

A professionally dressed woman is the first to speak. "We can't move the day of the photoshoot. We have a strict evening time slot, that day won't do." Her voice is stern as she skims through her phone.

The man sporting glasses peers over at me and I look down feeling guilty about intruding on their work.

"We need to do this for Agust, is there another free day?" Jackson asks sounding quite serious.

"Your schedule is packed. I want this for Agust too, but it would literally have to be this week." Felix explains in his low vocals.

It's rude to eavesdrop, but now I'm curious about what's in August. Are they really about to release their song this week? They just finished the music video. Editing takes more time than that. I place the ceramic cup underneath the machine and press the glowing button.

"Hire some staff, set my apartment for the event, inform both our contact lists and we will have a release party this Saturday. It needs to be low key, but I want a small crew to document the night." Namjoon instructs powerfully like a true leader and I'm finding it insanely attractive. "You're going to have to cancel my trip to Paris." He includes in his statement.

Paris? No, don't cancel that.

"Do you really think people will show on such short notice?" The woman I'm assuming is part of Namjoon's team looks stressed. "You asked for this trip months ago, are you sure?" She sounds a bit concerned.