#10 Heating Up

❃ ❀ ❈ ❁ ✾ ❉ ✿ • — ♡ — • ✿ ❉ ✾ ❁ ❈ ❀ ❃

"Wow, I should wear makeup more often." I check out my appearance in the full-length mirror positioned in front of the bed.

"Honestly, I'll smash if Joon doesn't." She teases. I push her away, yet unphased by her lewd comment, it's expected now. "This is really going to piss off Jackson." The woman in pink giggles impressed by her work.

It's way different than my typical style, but it feels empowering. I've forgotten what it was like to take care of myself this way, especially these past few months. Heidi managed to find something I bought on a whim about a year ago with the tags still attached. She practically demanded that I wear it tonight. The short satin dress hugs my curves perfectly, but I feel the cleavage is a bit much.

"Can I change into the black jumpsuit?" I complain adjusting my boobs that are way too exposed.

"Hell no. You're the main attraction tonight, red is your color." She stands beside me checking out her fit as well.

"Can I at least wear a bra and not these weird nipple pads?" I poke the squishy stickers. The red matte lip is attention seeking enough. Not to mention the 4-inch pumps that will probably cause me to break an ankle.

"I'll be on titty watch, you'll be okay." She smacks my ass.

Several loud knocks sound at the door and Heidi heads over to open it. "I hope it's Joon, he's going to be bricked up when—"

"Heidi!" I interrupt her loud mumbling before she reveals the person knocking.

The door swings open and my stepbrother stands with his hands on his hips at the doorway looking impatient. "What is taking you guys so long?" He complains as his attention immediately travels to me.

"Isn't your sister hot?" Heidi moves completely out of the way showcasing me as if I'm some art project she threw together.

His face twinges with disappointment. "No, she looks like a big ass fire truck— why is your dress so short?" He lectures and I immediately feel the need to defend myself.

"You're such an ass, I like it and I'll wear whatever I want." I snap grabbing my clutch from the bed and walking towards them to leave the room. "Thank you Heidi for helping me get ready." I smile at the woman who seems amused by my sudden burst of confidence. "And you..." I point at my stepbrother who moves to the side allowing me to pass. "You were never like this before, stop trying to be something you're not." A flash of guilt spreads across his face, but I don't care. I stride out the hallway, heels tapping aggressively against the floor.

He hasn't apologized once for what happened last week, this sudden urge he has to protect me is bullshit, not even my father would be this strict. Part of me thinks I know the reason for his annoying manner, but it's no excuse.

Entering the living area, I see there are about a dozen guests now pregaming with shots and mingling with each other. They wear expensive designer outfits, and I can only assume they all reached some sort of success in life, like Namjoon. I notice the golden hair boy conversing with two tall, beautiful women and I can't help but to admire his perfectly tailored blue blazer. Regardless of his height, he really knows how to stand out in the crowd.

He's way out of my league.

A few strangers take notice of my presence, their curious stares remind me I will definitely be needing some alcohol tonight. Avoiding the daunting crowd, I enter the kitchen to join the only people I'm somewhat familiar with.