#07 Castled In

• ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ • -♡- • ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ •

The soft sound of R&B plays from all corners of the room. Namjoon lays on his side, completely outstretched on the plush rug. The black button-down shirt he wore earlier is tossed messily on the lounge chair behind him. He props his head up, resting the shiny rings on fingers against his temple, his red stained lips are slightly parted. I wait in anticipation for him to make his next move.

He glances up at me as I take a sip of my dark bitter wine and realize I won't have to wait much longer. His free hand reaches out in my direction.

"You're castling again?" We both laugh at my disbelief. Six rounds in and he decides to strategically protect his king almost every time. He makes the swap and I shake my head.

"What do you want from me? You're a worthy competitor, I'm just playing it safe." He adjusts the thin dark undershirt that hugs his figure after reaching for the glass bottle on the coffee table.

"Thanks." I take notice of him refilling my glass, but I pay more attention to our game. He has won three rounds and my competitive nature wants to be sure I tie up the score.

I feel his eyes burning through me and the slight buzz from the alcohol lets me vocalize my curiosity. "Why are you staring at me? It's hard to concentrate."

Namjoon smirks. "Honestly." He pauses. "It's cute seeing how focused you are." I don't look at him, but I feel my cheeks warm from his words.

Jackson's warning plays in my head, but I fight back the memory. "Is that some sort of strategy to break my concentration?" I move my knight prepared to take his queen and mentally note my next couple moves. "You're losing this game Namjoon, like it or not."

He keeps his dimples on full display while viewing the board positioned between us on the floor. "Confident, I like it." He moves his queen as predicted.

Ignoring him, I immediately follow through with my plan capturing his rook. He sits up realizing his mistake and crosses his legs beneath him. He rubs his lips in deep concentration. "Go ahead Joon." I press.

"I guess my sincere compliment didn't work." He jokes with a serious tone and fierce brown eyes.

I lean back sipping my drink and smirk at him feeing proud of myself. Slightly swaying to the rhythm of the music, I reach for my phone and check the time.

"Wow, it's 2am already." I announce in shock, confused at how quickly the time went. I notice the clutter of food containers on the dining table from when we ate about four hours ago. It was the nicest take-out I ever had.

Turning my attention back to Namjoon, he waits for me patiently. "Your move, babe."

"Shut up." I mumble rolling my eyes at the pet name while ignoring the fluttering feeling in my stomach. "Maybe you can write a song about how I kicked your ass." I tease at his mention of having writer's block when we conversed over dinner.

"Nice, it's working." He finishes off his drink. "You know, it's kinda cool spending time with a person that doesn't know who I am." He refers to more of the small talk we made hours ago. All I know is that he's a rapper, he's well known, and just recently I found out that Jackson and him have been friends for about 7 years.