#05 Warm Welcome

• ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ • -♡- • ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ •

"This will be your room." He opens the double doors and sets my luggage in a dimly lit spacious bedroom. The low platform bed is ridiculously large, big enough to rest a whole family. I notice the expensive looking gold covers wondering what they feel like.

"Are all your guest rooms this fancy? This is really sweet of you- wow." I get distracted by the artwork covering the walls that aren't glass windows.

"Hey, why does she get the nice room?" Jackson pouts crossing his arms leaning against the door frame.

"She's my guest, you're a nuisance, I want your sister to feel at home." He steps through an archway at the other end of the room. Warm lights flutter on automatically as he travels further into the space. I follow curiously keeping my distance and gawk at the sight.

A fancy black bathtub centers the bathroom. The well-organized vanity and shower are all detailed with metallic gold. It's visibly clear to me that this guy is super successful.

"Wowwww." My amazement echos.

Namjoon scratches his head timidly at my reaction. "This is actually my room, but I want you to feel comfortable." He confesses walking out of the bathroom causing the lights to shut off.

"Huh? No!" I protest. "I can crash on the couch or something. Really, I can't sleep here, that's super unnecessary."

"I'll take the room." Jackson smirks at his friend and jumps onto the enormous bed, he proceeds to make faux snow angels.

"Get your greasy ass off the bed." Namjoon complains pulling my stepbrother's foot and dragging him onto the floor. "I just put new covers bro."

He turns his focus onto me. "Please, I'm rarely ever here and I want you to feel at home." I notice the charming change in his voice when he speaks to me.

"Where will you sleep?" I question still not wanting to accept his kind offer. "This is a lot more than home."

Jackson squirms around on the floor, capturing the tall boy's leg. We both ignore him.

"There are two other rooms just as spacious as this one." He kicks my brother playfully. "This is the only one with the private bathroom though, that's why it's best you stay here." I bite my lip nervously for stealing my host's room. "Besides, when I'm actually here I'm always in the studio, I usually crash upstairs afterwards."

"Y/N! I know you're about to reject his offer again, just make it easier on all of us and take the damn room." Jackson hops to his feet onto the black plush rug underneath us. "Just accept it." He puts a hand on my shoulder, immediately I brush him off and turn to Namjoon.

"It's really not a big deal." He assures me placing a muscular arm around my stepbrother. "Get settled and I'll take this kid back to his room." He jokes.

While Jackson mocks his friend the boys exit the room closing the door behind them.

It takes me a few minutes to adjust to the idea that this is probably the nicest place I'll ever sleep. I view the large painting of a dragon above the bed frame. One wall was completely filled with a display of wooden figurines, beside it a door that probably leads to a closet, but I don't snoop around.

Entering the bathroom, moody lights illuminate without the action of flipping a switch. Undressing myself, I hop into the foreign shower. It takes a good 5 minutes to learn how the mechanics work, there are several shower heads that all have separate functions. Brand new sweet scented products are displayed on a corner shelf, and I wonder if Namjoon went out of his way to purchase them for me.

I think about the generosity I'm receiving and scold myself for complaining so much. After about 30 minutes I'm clothed in pajama pants and a loose graphic t-shirt. Through the floor to ceiling windows, I gaze at the sunrise feeling some positivity inside me. Grazing the bed covers with my fingertips, I feel a tease of the comfort I will experience when I sleep later, it feels just as heavenly as I imagined. As much as I love this room, it's all temporary.

A light knock hits the door. "Come in." I say wondering who it is.

My host with his honey-colored hair towers into the bedroom, his long masculine fingers grip a mug that display the word Daddy across it.

Suits him well.

"I thought you might want some tea." He speaks in a deep voice handing me the comedic mug.

"Daddy?" I raise a brow questioning his cup of choice.

He chuckles giving me a glimpse of those cute indentations below his cheekbones. "It's my only mug. It was this or I serve you tea in a wine glass."

"Thanks." I smirk and blow the hot drink. "Also thank you for being such a gentleman and offering me this room. The shower gel smells really good." I sniff my arm silently and inhale the faint mixture of coconut and vanilla.

"Yeah, decided on a basic choice." I watch him smoothly brush his straight hair back. It feels a bit weird checking out my stepbrother's friend, but he's very attractive. His eyes linger on me. "Glad you like it."

"Um- Where's Jackson?" I question breaking our moment of eye contact and settling onto the soft mattress crossing my legs.

"He knocked out about 20 minutes ago. We usually record all night and sleep all day." He rubs his neck casually. "I'm sure you're tired, that's why I thought you would like some tea." Namjoon informs.

He's very thoughtful. I can't help finding myself getting lost in his gaze once more. His eyes are sort of hypnotizing, I have to stop myself from staring.

"Well, I'll let you rest." He backs up towards the door. "Oh, I wrote down the Wi-Fi password and address in case you need it, it's on the nightstand." He points to a little neon sticky note.

It was very considerate of him to do that for me. "Thank you Namjoon." I repeat again before he's able to leave.

He stops at the doorway.

"Call me Joon." Once again revealing his dimples. "I'll see you later Y/N."

He gently shuts the door and I listen to his footsteps fade away, my heart flutters replaying his words.

Stop being delusional.

I take a sip of the hot tea he created. It warms my throat all the way down to my belly. It doesn't taste too great, but the gesture was nice. I study the letters written across my warm beverage. Sighing loudly, I trying to force away memories of my father making me tea when I was not feeling so great.

My new start already feels like an opposite reality, and I really don't want to think about the past. My future awaits me here and I don't want to hesitate. Pulling out a sticker filled laptop from my bag, I start the process of becoming independent and providing for myself.

• ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ • -♡- • ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ •

Reminder: Dimples are dangerous.