#06 Secret Event

❃ ❉ ❀ ❁ ✾ ❈ ✿ • —♡— • ✿ ❃ ❉ ❀ ❁ ✾ ❈

It's the first day of July and I feel like I've accomplished a lot in the 5 days that I've been here. My work visa should arrive in the next two weeks allowing me the opportunity to make some money. The boys are never around, either working or sleeping. Jackson mentioned something about recording at a different location today when I briefly saw him a few hours ago. I tie my hair away from my face and begin dancing my feet along the cool flooring to pass the time.

It's honestly been pretty lonely, and the more I'm cooped up in this place, the more my mind wanders into negative thoughts. I've thought about exploring the city on my own, but not knowing my surroundings frightens me a bit, I'll definitely get lost. Felix has stopped by a couple times helping me with getting settled, obvious orders from Jackson. I think I've had conversed with his assistant more than the people actually living here.

The toaster pops revealing my perfectly warmed Pop-Tart, it's the only food in this damn apartment. I put it on a napkin not wanting to dirty Namjoon's fancy gold plates and walk over to the balcony, it's where I find myself when doubt creeps up on me. The wind wisps my baby hairs around tickling my nose, the sun has almost completely set lighting the sky on fire. Nibbling the frosted strawberry pastry, I watch the changing shades of orange.

Ding!

I reach for my phone on the end table and view the notification.

New Message 7:28pm
Going to travel to Miami today for 4th of July weekend, hope you're adapting well. Be careful tonight. Always watch your surroundings, never leave your drink unattended, have fun, but be safe. Love you sweetie.

I reread my stepmother's long text again slightly confused as to why she's giving me the "safety" talk. I message her back.

Me:
Have fun, say hi to your sister and her kids for me. <3  why am I keeping careful tonight? I'm not going anywhere.

I send the text and impatiently wait for a reply. That was really random of her to say, I quickly eat the rest my snack and head back inside with my phone in hand. I'm happy that she is going out, although it must be tough. It's hard for me as well.

Ding!

New Message 7:34pm
I thought you were going to the event with Jackson tonight. You should always be careful, but enjoy your night in, make sure to eat something.

Event? What event? I want to ask her, but I decide to give her a simple goodnight text even though it's technically morning for her. I scroll through my contacts and see Jackson's, I look at the contact a few names up and decide to call it.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Felix? Are you with Jackson?" I rush to the bedroom and close the door behind me.

"Not at the moment, what's up?" He questions.

"What's this event that's going on tonight?" I ask.

"Oh." He pauses. "Yeah um— it's sort of this promotion thingy."

"Promotion thingy," I repeat. "Where?"

"It's—" Felix hesitates.

"Are you going?" I lose my patience and begin to dig through the drawers I neatly organized yesterday. "If you're going can you take me?"