#09 Pouring Thoughts

❃ ❀ ❈ ❁ ✾ ❉ ✿ • — ♡ — • ✿ ❉ ✾ ❁ ❈ ❀ ❃

2 DAYS LATER

I built up the courage to get some fresh air for a change. Wandering for about 15 minutes I ended up at a park. Mentally, I noted landmarks and turns and feel hopeful that I can find my way back with no problem. Coincidentally, I know to take a left at the advertisement sign with Namjoon's face displayed on it.

It started as a relaxing afternoon of taking photos of nature and just simply exploring, but my mind kept drifting off and I finally gave into my wonder.

My phone notifies me that the battery is low and I realize I had just fallen down a rabbit hole of researching the famous man I've been living with. After about an hour of being distracted by the device in my hand, I look up and notice the heavy grey clouds. I decide to clear my web history feeling shameful of my actions.

He's a year older than me and once had the cutest pink hair. The internet carried thousands of images of him at concerts, award shows, fan meetings, photos advertising big brand clothing and even some of him just being caught walking into a building.

I did keep the promise I made to myself and avoided listening to any of his songs. About a week ago he openly told me that it was nice for a change that someone didn't know him, and I feel like I just destroyed that.

I rise up off the ground and dust off my pants. Worried that the sky is about to fall down on me at any second, I gather my belongings and make the journey back to the apartment.

• ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ • -♡- • ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ •

I toss my wet tote bag on the floor and slide off my squeaky sandals. The cool air causes me to shiver and I notice the housekeeper at the end of the hallway giving me a look of deep concern. She motions for me to stay put, I assume she's about to get something to clean the pool of water I created. Droplets fall down unavoidably onto the floor and I scold myself for the mess I'm making.

"Y/N." A soothing deep voice captures me and I watch as his long legs step closer. "You're soaking wet." Guilt consumes me as I think of all the photos and articles I recently read.

The middle-aged woman shows up with several towels. Before she's able to reach me, Namjoon intercepts her retrieving the soft looking material.

"I didn't know it was going to rain." I speak quietly to him. It's been about a week since I looked into those brown eyes, but he makes an effort to avoid my gaze. Standing tall in front of me, he adjusts one of the warm cloths onto my shoulders.

Namjoon takes me by surprise and untucks my hair from the material letting it drop against my back. "Thank you." I mumble timidly at the gentleman.

"What the hell?" Like repelling magnets, we move away from each other. Jackson rushes to us and moves the broad man aside stealing the rest of the fabric in his possession. In the distance, I notice a few guests watching us from the hallway.

"Oh hi— it's raining." I wave at them stating the obvious and feel highly embarrassed about my appearance. Thankfully, the bystander with fiery hair disappears behind the wall along with Felix, but the woman in a vibrant skin tight dress decides to join us.

"I was trying to call you, where were you?" Jackson tosses a towel over me and roughly rubs my head. He's being his childish self, so I assume he didn't witness the harmless interaction I just had with our roommate.