Chapter 01: Possession's Mission

Amary P.O.V

" Oppss!! looks like someone's backk!!! Good morning, Cole!!"

As expected, this is how my usual morning went. A loud and thin as paper female scream greeted me in my office, as always. Will our office rather. This woman never fails to greet me like this no matter what time or wherever we are, even in our own mission, great friend right?  She never and will never end-up this habit for sure. Sometimes I wonder how do I end up being friends with her. Fate it is. 

"Good morning, Fox" I answered in a low-toned voice. I'm not in the bad mood or something, I just don't have the energy to keep up with her enthusiasm. She's like a jar full of energy that never rans out no matter what. It filled up itself again and again as if its a factory. Good for her, but sometimes I wanna bring a duct tape along with me, especially if we have a mission. I guess it can help me lessen up her noises. I'm a sweet friend, right? Don' you dare said no... 

"WHAT?!! don't fucking tell me, Amary that you'll expect me to accept that response full of dullness out of you!! you look like a soldier who's been in a war for two weeks without a single food eaten or a water supply!! Allow me to remind you that you just had two weeks of vacation, not on a mission," she said  glaring at me with full of sarcasm. Oh well, see? This is my bestfriend. She's like my Asian mother, well way more likely than I am. No kidding.

I let out a soft chuckle as I walked towards my desk passing her as my desk was locating at the other side of the room. My favorite spot. My vacation was done, that means I'm back. So back to reality. 

Ada Ramirez, 24. My partner since I started this career, she's my best bud. My shield, in every fight, we fought together. She might be this annoying but in field, she never fails to let a anyone goes off from her. She can do both, to be a jolly person and a fierce one. Unlike me, I guess I only have the second one. 

"Tell me, were you able to find someone cute?" she asked curiously as I put down my bag down facing my desk. This gonna be a long interrogation, I'm telling you.

"Someone you can live with the rest of your life, Cole? " She continued asking as she looks back at her computer. I wonder what is she doing at this early morning. Maybe she has an uncomplete document. As she always have.

I let out a soft chuckled at her. Its only 8:00 am in the morning but she's acting like we'll gonna head off work soon. 

"Oh common Ad, you know me. Those things has no room in my life. Besides, I can handle myself, so why would I bother looking for someone to take care of me?" I responded calmly as I walked towards our mini bar here at our office. I need my energy booster to awaken my sleeping soul. I think I can't finish a single thing if I won't drink a cup of coffee soon.

" Such a so-called strong woman indeed Cole," she said while chuckling. I laughed as I grab my cup and start doing my coffee. Here we go again, Ada.

What I've said was true though. I just don't need someone to take good care of me, I always got myself all the time. So what's the purpose of getting a man?

" Ohh... common Ad, what kind of man would dare to enter my messy world, huh?

"A life where anywhere I go, there's always someone pointing a gun at my head? I'm sure, their knees will tremble when death is facing them. "I continued as I take a sip from my newly made coffee. Ohh man.. this is the best cup of coffee ever..

She stopped typing at her computer and she faced me. Asian mother mood activated.

She stand up as she take her way towards me. " Amary, I know how strong and bold you are, but come to think of this, you can't stay like this way forever. You will need someone to lean on when you're weak and couldn't face the world alone," She said as she walked past me grabbing her own cup as well. Look like I'm not the only one who needed a coffee.