Chapter 04: Farewell

Amary P.O.V

I woke up at 5 am. I've done my morning routines and went out for a run. It's the day before I'll move out of our house. And guess what? I haven't talked with my family yet about it. It is the hardest part for me to go into every mission I have to face.

"Dad." I called my father. We're here at the dining table, eating our breakfast.

"Yes, my girl," he responded as he paid attention to me.

"Let's have golf," I said as I sliced my steak.

My dad's face lights up as I say those words to him. "Sure, that'll be fun!" he responded excitedly.

Dad and I love to golf so much. It's been our way of bonding since I was just 17. It's been a while since we played it. I guess it's the perfect time for me to tell him about my mission.

"Mom!" I called my mom next.

"Yes, honey," she responded.

"Let's go shopping this afternoon," I stated to her.

"What's with the sudden sweetness, honey? She asked, confusingly.

I chuckled.

"I just want to hang out with both of you," I said, not giving it a big deal.

"Okay, then," my mom responded.

We finished eating, and Dad and I decided to prepare for our play later. Keeva and Liam are not home as they have their exams today. I also planned something for them tonight.

At 9 am, dad and I started driving to the golf site I reserved for us last night. We reached the place and we stepped into it. We get ourselves changed and proceed to the yard.

"Want to talk about something, my girl?" He said as he swung his wedge and hit the ball as he broke the silence between us.

I took a deep breath and sat on the grass before I responded.

"Dad, I'm leaving for a year," I said.

"For a mission," he confirmed.

"Yes, dad,"

"How long, my girl?"

"For a year,"

"Quite long for a mission." I just nodded. "I guess it's a difficult one indeed," he continued.

"No, it's not that hard." "It's just a piece of shit that needs to be cleaned up, dad," I said, lying to him.

I don't want them to know the truth about my mission for them to be safe from my enemy and future enemy. Also, if I did, I'm sure their minds wouldn't be at peace.

He sat beside me, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me to his side.I did what he wanted me to do. He let out a deep sigh.

"You have to be careful always, Amary. Don't try to risk your life on just a mission. You still have a lot of beautiful things to experience in your future," he said as he rubbed my left shoulder.

"Yeah, I will not, dad. I still want to give you dozens of beautiful and handsome grandchildren," I said while laughing.

He also laughed at what I said.

" I'm glad you're thinking about it, my girl. I'm getting older and your dad needs some energy boosters to boost my strength back again. And that will be my future grandchildren laughing around our mansion playing, "he said dreamingly.

I smiled. I hope I can give it to my dad that easily. He faced me and opened his arm for me to hug him.

" I love you, dad," I said.