Chapter 11: " Him "

Amary P.O.V

A few feet scuff against the floor, making everyone close their mouths. The chattering fades, and all eyes are fixed in one direction.

"Hayden King," I whispered to myself as I heard the steps approaching together with the unstoppable racing heartbeat in my chest. My palms are getting sweaty, which is super unusual. I pulled my eyes and all the other people around me stiffened as they also watched the person walking from the main door, carrying so much power, except for the person behind me who was just leaning against the table beside us, ofcouse.

I am doomed. Supper doomed. I facepalmed myself mentally for the impulsive act I'd committed.

The bright and loud place I entered a while ago instantly swung into a quiet place, including the minimal music playing in just a second. I placed my eyes back to where I was looking at and I witnessed how every single person he passed on made their way aside as he was marching in the middle of the crowd with the same expression and the same men with whom he had earlier. They're really afraid of him.

I was about to turn around because he was getting closer to us when Ace spoke up behind me.

" And now you've seen the Hayden," he stated in his low voice, as if he was not happy with it. I turned my face on him and tried to smirk as hard as I could to show him that I was glad about it. Despite the fact that even I myself have butterflies in the pit of my stomach.What the crap?

"I even dared to use him, Ace," my mind responded. Thinking about that thought is killing me now. But, no, he's my target. Using every single way I can is the least I could do to be in here. It will be worth it, that's for sure. I grabbed a glass of wine from the table beside us and held it with my left hand.

" My pleasure to finally meet the King, Ace," I uttered, throwing him my best confidence look. He just chuckled at how I responded to him as he slurped his second glass of wine since we started talking. " One of a kind," he muttered tilting his head twice in owe. I slowly turn my head back in front of us.

I tried to look in his direction; he was looking around, but his head was staying straight forward, examining the location he was in.

I gulped at my glass of wine, trying to somehow lessen what I was feeling right now. But it was not really helpful; it didn't even take a quarter of it. I placed it back on the table.

I simply looked at my purse that was at the top of it and opened it as I pretended to search for something as I could hear their footsteps approaching in our direction at this moment. I know, this is a coward's act and not my thing as Amary, but I can't help myself for now. My whole system was not following the main routine for it to be.

" I will take you to him later, Niara, to close the deal," Ace said to me, as he knew that his king was approaching. I didn't bother to say anything and just tilted my head as a response and continued what I was doing.

We are now standing beside this round table at the front right corner of this place, together with hundreds of other young and old men, together with their women, standing as well. They were all wearing suits and opulent gowns, and because they all had different tattoos on their bodies, I assumed they were all from different mafias.

I stopped my stupidity when two women walked in front of me, blocking my direction from being seen. I breathed out as it happened, but that was not for a long time. He marched past us in our direction with his gaze fixed on mine. And the whole time slowed down when a smirk formed on his face, making my whole body freeze at the moment . 

Hux P.O.V

"You've got a great taste in women, Hayden," Sky teased as he once more opened the main door of this establishment for us to enter. I smirked at what he said. " I always had it, Sky," I responded, handling the situation matter-of-factly. He just laughs, as Dave does too. The incident earlier was really unexpected. But yeah, I will let her be here. It is not in my perspective to allow someone to be here without proper access, but I'll see to it that she will pay.