Chapter 07: " Portal "

Hux P.O.V

I got home at midnight. This is always the time when I go back to my villa because I don't sleep often at night. I hate sleeping. For me, it's time for my enemies to plan my demise. Well, I'm not afraid because I know I won't.

I parked my car in my big garage. I go out. All the lights are on, and all my people are in the designated places from outside to inside.

"Good evening, Hayden," one of my men said when he saw me. All of us in my mafia have good manners.

We greet, speak kindly, and communicate in our own way. That's what I want it to be. Anyone who has ever tried to disrespect the person who holds the highest position in my mafia, especially me, will suffer for it. And murder would be the best answer.

I nod at him. I replied, "Good evening." I walked through the main door and opened it, and as always, it was the empty mansion I always set foot in.

I didn't bother to go to the kitchen because I didn't eat at home and rushed to the study room upstairs. I have many maids and men in this house who work here, but no one can enter my office.

I don't want anyone in my room except my stupid friend, Ace. He always broke this rule. even if he knew the consequences in advance.

I opened the glass door and walked in. I walked over to my desk in the center and put my key there.

I took off my black business coat, leaving only my gray long sleeves. I also loosened my tie to feel more comfortable.

I pour a little wine into the glass on my desk before advancing with long strides toward my large glass wall. I stood up and watched the thousands of lights radiating from the main city as this mansion rose from it.

I drink my wine and light up my cigarettes. This moment helps me relax a bit. I stay in that position until I finish my wine.

I went back to my table and poured more wine into my glass. I walked over to my couch and leaned there. I closed my eyes, listening to my surroundings.

Until I heard someone's footsteps approaching. I didn't open my eyes because I knew who it was. The door opened and the person I was expecting entered the room and walked towards me. It was Ace.

I felt the other end of the couch sink, so I guess he sat next to me.

" What brought you here?" I ask with my eyes still closed. " I forgot to tell you something earlier as I became busy cleaning up the mess Sebastian brought to us," he responded and ran his hands through his black hair.

I opened my eyes and drank the last amount of wine in my glass. I stood up to place my glass back at my desk and smoked another stick. I walked back to my position earlier.

" Someone opened our portal earlier, Hux," he stated as I got back to where I sat. One more thing which really irritates me about this person is that he does call me "Hayden or My King."

I just paid all my attention to his words and didn't bother to answer anymore.

"I've checked her background, and it turned out that she's the C.E.O of the famous weaponry company here in Europe. The Dawson Company, " He continued and handed me his phone. I just breathe in the smoke as I listen to him and take his phone. I handed back his phone to him.

" You know the rules, Ace," I uttered to him as I finished the stick of cigarette. He just nodded and stood up to put his coat down on the couch, which still had traces of blood from earlier. He went to my desk and poured some wine into the same glass I used earlier.

" I'll take care of it tomorrow, Hux," he assured me and sat again. " Nothing else?" I asked him. " One more," he replied, and swilled the wine in the glass.

" About the party this Sunday night," he spoke. Will, I almost forgot that. "What about it?" I questioned him.

" All our alliances gave their approval to what Nordin implied about the game on that night," he informed me. " And only your decision is the locking one," he added. I leaned back on my couch and thought about that stupid game.

"I'll think about it, Ace,"

" Let me know if you have a decision, Hux," he spoke.

I nod. " So do you have a date already for that night?" he asked and finished his glass of wine. I chuckled. I said, "Not necessary, Ace." "You are so lame, Hux," he teased. I don't bother to answer anymore.

"Go to your damn room, Ace," I said matter-of-factly. He grinned as he thought he annoyed me, which is wrong. I just don't want him to be around; it ruins my mood.

" Get a wife, Hux," he continued teasing as he got up and marched to my door. I just gave him a blank stare before he totally got lost in my sight.

Ace, Skyler, and I are the ones living in this mansion as I ordered them to be. Ace was my right hand. Skyler is my consigliere.

I made my way back to my desk and sat in my swivel chair. I opened one of the folders that were piled on top of it. It was one of the documents I needed to sign. I placed it back to where I got it and leaned back in my chair.

Seconds later, my phone lit up and I saw a familiar code on it.

" Dirty Diamonds,"

...to be continued...

Hi guys!

Sorry for such a short update. I hope it still gives you some hints about our Hayden.

To stay updated, leave a comment, vote, follow, and share.

Bye for now, keep safe:-)

-Ms. El